Getting spouses too hard for minor religion?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jura28

Sergeant
64 Badges
Mar 9, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Victoria 2
I'm trying to play high, so my realm is quite small. I recently converted to judaism, because why the hell not. Problem is, I have basically zero marriage opportunities since. It's the constant struggle to bring some new blood into the realm. I mostly do it via conquest when I capture ppl, convert them and then I can marry them to somebody in my realm, but it's getting pretty tedious.

I think it would be cool to bring back that decision from CK2 to invite lady to court (similar to inviting knights).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Ck2 had 10 years of development. CK3 is a fresh game. You should not expect these things in the game on release. Give PDX time. /s

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm trying to play high, so my realm is quite small. I recently converted to judaism, because why the hell not. Problem is, I have basically zero marriage opportunities since. It's the constant struggle to bring some new blood into the realm. I mostly do it via conquest when I capture ppl, convert them and then I can marry them to somebody in my realm, but it's getting pretty tedious.

I think it would be cool to bring back that decision from CK2 to invite lady to court (similar to inviting knights).
I think this is a great idea, but I think you'd be better off posting it in the suggestions sub-forum. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I find it amusing that Imperator until the most recent patch struggled massively because the lack of an "invite debutante" button meant that characters ran out of marriage candidates within a couple of generations (and the only consistent way to keep your monarchical dynasty going was to adopt Ptolemaic incest so you at least had your sisters available for marriage), and there were regular complaints over it, until finally they released a patch with a new "scheme" to essentially do so.

They then release CK3 with the same issue.

Ck2 had 10 years of development. CK3 is a fresh game. You should not expect these things in the game on release. Give PDX time. /s
We cannot expect plenty of events, lack of bugs, very interesting mechanic of regencies etc, but this? It's not a big deal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
yeah, its incredibly frustrating

one solution is to reform your religion (or just take a faith) that has concubinage/consorts; as your vassals will just take any wanderer that shows up regardless of faith as their concubine and start producing heirs, rather than wait decades for a "suitable" same-faith match to show up for their tier

though hopefully they fix the concubinage issue with the next patch, in that right now NPC's prioritising turning their own children into their concubines, regardless of doctrine, because same-dynastys are missing a flag or something in decision making

Yes, it’s a challenge, but an easy one to overcome. Just seduce. Use the character search to find who you want to marry, seduce them, invite to court, then you can marry them.

I played as the lone Jewish African Count in 867, literally my only marriage options were the people in my court. But I seduced my intended spouse with every ruler, and I was able to get my breeding program to become the blood father no later than my other games.

Use befriend to get spouses for your children, or other courtiers.

Reactions:
Oddly enough I kind of feel the opposite is the case for large religions. It isn't difficult to find plenty of potential spouses who will benefit you through genetics and/or alliance opportunities.

During medieval times, marriage arrangements were often long, protracted situations. In some ways, I'd like it that when you marry off your heir to the child of another ruler, you have a series of events where you negotiate terms of alliance, may have to pay tribute or other agreements.