• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, this. Also, this made me so happy when I checked the forums quickly before school! Thank you so much, and congrats to the fellow winners, and condolences to those who were not chosen.

It was great, but i really feel sorry for all the others, even though it should be quite easy to mod in. (I'd have done it if I hadn't won ;))

@Gars, that's a given, it must have been rigged ;)

And lastly, same question as Orinsul, exactly how will they show up?

what a pity that i am read it too late ;) - but congrats to all the winners.

If the CK II Team needs hungarian names, so i am your man :happy:

My ancestors were föispan ugocsai (means Governor of Ugocsai), bane (province administrator), jugdes and alispan borsod (Vice-Governor of Borsod) in the 13th til late 17th century in Hungary. :)

Paradox says that our names will be a "dynasty" in CK2. I always assumed that meant there would be a county or duchy around for us. There are surely gaps in the historical record where they need fill-in names. I don't know if that means they'd be there at the 1066 start dates. Maybe they're only selectable at obscure start dates.

But yes, I could be completely wrong. They might mean we're simply the name of courtiers (or barons, mayors, abbots, bishops, etc) and pop up randomly. Is it possible for a courtier to establish a territory to call their own? Can a ruler bequeath some landed estates unto them?

That was pretty much the thing, that I'd like to have cleared up, before i make any wrong assumptions :p I'm cool with either tbh, will just start up a game, look around for the last name, save and reload and give out a count title, if needed :p

I doubt the winners will be playable dynasties in vanilla.

Yeah there's places you could put the, but those places are mostly on the Russian tundra or Ethiopia. Which means you'd be making the Rojas dynasty Counts of Sudan or something.

Barons and courtiers are a lot more likely.

Nick

Well I did seem to recall them saying, that the start dates in between bookmarks, would have randomly generated counts, so they might appear randomly in there, but that's only if IIRC..

But yeah, will probably be Barons and Courtiers, but would be nice to know anyway :)

Côté
My ancestor was Jean Côté he was from france(Mortagne-au-Perche, Normandy). He was one of the first to come at Québec city (new-france) to colonize it in 1635!

Hey another Guys from Québec!
Demai
My name is Demers but it change with the time. My ancestor was Jean Demai. Demai means : "From May". It come from a long tradition about a feast in May and «l'arbre de Mai» or Maypole.

I somehow missed the contest. I do hope that they'll do another one if they make an expansion. :D

Thormodr would have made a great Manx leader. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.