• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(165900)

<font color="white"><font size="3"><b>Paradox Publ
3 Badges
Sep 14, 2009
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
Hi,

the Majesty 2 patch 1.1.88 is out. The update can be installed on Majesty 2 ver. 1.0.P EN or 1.0.97 EN.

We always recommend that you get the patch from the digital download portal where you got the game to avoid any compability issues.

Otherwise you can get the Majesty 2 patch 1.1.88 (English) here:

http://patches.gamersgate.com/Majesty2_patch_1.1.88_English.exe

We will soon post a comprehensive list of fixes and add-ons in the patch.

/Mattias

Last edited:
This is what the installer/readme gives as fixes:

Official Majesty 2 Update
to version 1.1.88

The update can be installed on Majesty 2 ver. 1.0.P EN or 1.0.97 EN.

Additions:
- Mission "Treacherous Tropics"
- Mission "Wizard Wars"

New features:
- The system that checks for updates has been implemented into the game.
- If the graphic settings exceed the system parameters and the game crashes, "safe mode" will automatically be activated on the next launch.
- The ability to fix the central information panel has been added.
- The ability to scroll through the party-creation window has been added.

Programming:
- AI: Modified the system of preferences for different classes of heroes when purchasing goods
- AI: Heroes now pay more attention to the protection of the city if important buildings are under attack
- AI: Heroes now want to protect their guilds
- AI: Improved use of elixirs by heroes
- AI: Improved hero reaction to monster attacks
- AI: Improved behavior of guards under fire
- Fixed a rare bug causing 2D sounds to turn off
- Fixed the offset password field when connecting
- Removed outlining frame that appeared with RMB held
- Fixed an issue with saving and loading when creating a party
- Fixed an issue with the info panel caused when disbanding a party
- Fixed the violation of rules of construction when a sewer appears next to a trading post or a temple
- Fixed an issue with the number of tax collectors and royal guards on the 2nd and 3rd levels of the palace
- Fixed an issue with increased spell distance failing to add cost
- Fixed an issue with cleric attack animations
- Fixed an issue regarding the desynchronization of game-time speed and construction speed
- Fixed a rare issue in the GUI with the party panel not closing after the death of a party member
- Fixed the incorrect display of dead heroes in the GUI
- Fixed the crash during saving and loading with maxed-out "building queue"
- Fixed an issue with some missions not being flagged as "completed" after their completion
- Fixed an issue with the screen over- brightness on some ATI video cards
- Fixed an issue with the bloom special effect
- Fixed an issue with haze in the "Big Problem" mission
- Fixed an issue with spells and great artifacts being cast on a selected unit icon
- The distance-related cost of spells is now displayed correctly under the cursor
- Fixed an issue with the camera trembling while scrolling near map borders
- Fixed an issue regarding the excessive save and load times
- Multiplayer: GameSpy rating is displayed and calculated correctly
- Multiplayer: GameSpy error messages are now displayed correctly
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with reconnecting to a server after a failed attempt
- Multiplayer: Server filter has been added. It is now possible to display in the server list only those that are available for connection
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with the game being non-synchronized
- Multiplayer: Fixed an issue with the info panel for enemy heroes and buildings
- Fixed an issue with the lords' ammunition and artifacts having no effect
- Fixed the crash with saving and loading while the character characteristics panel is open
- Fixed an issue with upgrading a hero while they join a party
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to choose suitable trading lands and holy ground through the fog of war
- Quicksave and quickload hotkeys have been changed to F5 and F9
- Fixed an issue with scrolling in the GUI

Balance:
- The cost of inventing the "Stone Incantation" spell has increased from 1,000 gold to 2,000 gold
- The invention of the "Stone Incantation" spell has moved to the second level of Dwarven Settlement
- Cost of inventing "Grab-grass" has been increased from 500 gold to 2,000 gold
- Reduced the cost of casting "Grab-grass" spell from 500 gold to 250 gold
- AI: Paladins are now more aggressive in attacking the undead and their buildings
- AI: Dwarves and mages are now more aggressive in attacking lairs and buildings
- Fixed a bug in the order abilities used by the elves: first, the hero uses the attack that stops the enemy with roots ("Roots"), and then uses a basic attack
- Health of the Greater Fire Elemental has increased up to 1,000 hit points; increased its resistance to melee, shooting, and magical attacks to 35/85/100 respectively
- Cost of the Warriors Guild has been reduced from 650 gold to 550 gold
- Cost of the Clerics Guild has been reduced from 750 gold to 700 gold
- Cost of the Rangers Guild has been reduced from 500 gold to 450 gold
- Cost of upgrading to a 3rd-level palace has been reduced from 5,000 gold to 4,000 gold
- Cost of upgrading to a 3rd-level market has been reduced from 4,000 gold to 3,000 gold
- Amount of money generated by a 3rd-level market has been increased from 500 gold to 600 gold per day
- In "The Eternal Love," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 3,000 gold
- In "Bloody Offenses," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 3,000 gold
- In "Pretenders to the Throne," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 1,000 gold
- In "The Demon's Advisor," the starting amount of money in the player’s treasury has been increased by 1,000 gold
- In “Pretenders to the Throne,” the holy land appears instead of the enemy’s destroyed Temple to Dauros
- Fixed issues associated with upgrading the weapons for Priestesses of Agrela and Beastmasters

Localization:
- Changed the description of the "Debility" perk
- Added the status “defends the kingdom” to the heroes’ actions

* Unmentioned change: positive income is now displayed in green, instead of white.

* INCORRECT patchnotes on balance. Here are the actual values:
Warriors Guild cost INCREASED to 650 gold.
Rangers Guild cost INCREASED to 500 gold.
Clerics Guild cost INCREASED to 750 gold.
Rogues Guild now costs 450 gold.

* Man, with the taxcollector issue fixed now, it's almost impossible NOT to swim in gold. And then "Treacherous Tropics" gives you even more by 'allied kingdom'. What can I do with all it?

* Also, it seems the 'defend home' function is a little buggy with Agrela Healers. She goes into pertual healing mode, and only ever attacks the beasts attacking the temple when no-one is harmed. Which is pretty much never...

* Also, my version reports as 1.1.179? Isn't it supposed to be 1.1.88?

* It seems the blinking UI issue is also fixed. Not mentioned...

Last edited:
"- Fixed the violation of rules of construction when a sewer appears next to a trading post or a temple"

I think this broke stuff. I've never had mills or graveyards and such appear ON holy sites, but now that does happen... see screenshots.
(or not, I can't upload them here and Imageshack doesn't want to now :?)
Anyway, the result was that the skeletons and revived people exited the Temple at that front door instead of from the graveyard.

*Another unmentioned change is now ALL skills for ALL heroes cost 5 gold. So warriors, rangers and clerics are way better off now financiallywise.
* Sure, debility has it's description fixed, but all other skills that give the debility effect still mention only lowering melee damage (rogue skill, ranger skill, helia archer skill)

Where is the patch for the german version? The release version is not playable for me because of constant ctds.

I am very disappointed about paradox as publisher. Every game i ever bought that had a paradox label was not working on first release. M2 now, Hoi1, Hoi2, hoi3, Eu3. This list is not to be continued for me. I will not buy any of your games, because your company label stands for betatest state on release. I wonder if you ever heard of quality insurance.

Bye

Same here for the patch number release.

I went through the first additional map. People who played it can understand that checking whether or not you get the "defending kingdom" line can be tricky but the few times I did, I didnt find it. To tell it all, while this map is perfect to see whether or not the heroes defend their guild, I did not feel that heroes were to it.

Many other changes were obvious but this one was not. Maybe not the right patch version...

Why is it that the version listed in game (after patching with the latest) is 1.1.179 (dated 11-16-2009) as opposed to 1.1.88 after downloading it? I have the retail version of the game. Just curious.

To tell it all, while this map is perfect to see whether or not the heroes defend their guild, I did not feel that heroes were to it.
Yeah, same here. The only time it was obvious was when Clerics or Healers glitch out and instead of defending their guild go into an unstoppable healingspree.
The market got defended nicely in "Wizard Wars" quite nicely, but I never noticed Guild defense. They either kept inside "fleeing" or did something else entirely. It may look deceiving less because it uses the "looking for adventure" mode though?...

Talking about Wizard Wars, why does it allows us to buy a Hall of Lords?

Cool but why the auto update didn't work? I launch the game few time today.

Ha well a manual update is nice too. :D

EDIT: Ouch after to have installed the patch the game didn't work anymore, the patch pak seems corrupted and I can't run the update again need uninstall and install all again. That's a little rude.

Last edited:
So I uninstalled the game and installed again the retail version. I checked before all file in Majesty 2 folder was removed and backup my saves and profiles.

I installed again the patch Majesty2_patch_1.1.88_English.exe and again get a broken game.

When it launch it says that data are corrupted, nice. When I try open the file resource_patch.pak, again the zip application says it is corrupted. When I check the contents of Majesty 2 folder there's no Game.dll, if I remember well with previous version there was such file.

Weird, that said I suppose I'll get no support as I still don't have any patch for my localized retail version. :confused: So I won't report anything in bugs sub forum.

That same thing happened to me. It seems 1.1.88 doesn't like mods, as in a modified resources.pak (for the 2 custom missions).

Reinstall fixed that though, but yeah... I also get the "corrupt file" mention when trying to open resources_patch.pak. Don't think it can be done with WinRar.

Just had a quick run through. Guilds have all their prices changed now, no more rogue spamming to an extent.

Wizards' woe is a good map, almost killed the comp player when i got a CTD that dumped me back to desktop, no warning or reason given. Maybe the comp won't let me beat it :rolleyes:

Hero Ai wise, abit better, although they only really seem to defend your city when their personal guilds or your Castle gets attacked, they ignore all other buildings from what i can see so far.

That same thing happened to me. It seems 1.1.88 doesn't like mods, as in a modified resources.pak (for the 2 custom missions).

Reinstall fixed that though, but yeah... I also get the "corrupt file" mention when trying to open resources_patch.pak. Don't think it can be done with WinRar.

Is there now a Game.ll or it is deleted? Just curious. For me it's a total no go. Full install, fresh install, install first or not the first patch, clean or not the profiles, nothing work still the same result, the game refuse to starts and an error message mentions data corrupted. As it's a fresh install no mods installed.

Now I'll give a try after to have setup my system to English! Well not today. That update made my day a bad day, <some bird words here>.