• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is not good at all. I am quite stunned that you managed to win, numbers in PDX games usually decide the battle.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That is not good at all. I am quite stunned that you managed to win, numbers in PDX games usually decide the battle.

Not a good situation, but could be worse. I am deliberately not playing optimally and am trying to stick to Griogair's traits and skills. Griogair is a brilliant strategist and is a really great soldier, so his advantage in battle is pretty great!

Last edited:
Not an ideal situation by any means, as Caesar says, but a solid victory at Shaftesbury and much needed. With luck the Christians will be able to make the most of this momentum.

Aethelraed King at Shaftesbury.png

Aethelraed, King of Wessex, at the Battle of Sceaftesbyrig - 2 August 974

The Sutton Hoo helmet is a very nice touch, presumably on Paradox’s part.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not an ideal situation by any means, as Caesar says, but a solid victory at Shaftesbury and much needed. With luck the Christians will be able to make the most of this momentum.

I think its from the Community Flavour Pack Mod - But yeah - its really cool.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

No this is a mod design. The clothing stuff as standard is pretty good, but the helmets are singularly terrible. I avoided them for the most part when outfitting my Irish rulers. The crusaders helmet alone is pretty good. The rest look very silly (the fit to model head is way off, so it looks like a child playing dress up or an adult wearing a tiny toy).

• 1Like
Reactions:
No this is a mod design. The clothing stuff as standard is pretty good, but the helmets are singularly terrible. I avoided them for the most part when outfitting my Irish rulers. The crusaders helmet alone is pretty good. The rest look very silly (the fit to model head is way off, so it looks like a child playing dress up or an adult wearing a tiny toy).

Yes in hindsight it was probably naive of me to have attributed this to Pdx. Good on the modders for the job they’ve done with it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes in hindsight it was probably naive of me to have attributed this to Pdx. Good on the modders for the job they’ve done with it.

Pdx does good work sometimes, and very funny stuff the rest of the time. Hats in CK3 remain exceptionally goofy looking and I suspect one of the challenges I will face in trying to do anything not comedic genre will be getting past the main character looking like...Well, like they are a child in burger King.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A difficult battle, well won by the Christians - but the Norsemen have great numbers.

And even if the invasion should be fended off, the involvement of the Hibernian vikings shows that lasting peace in the British Isles is but a distant hope.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I just finished reading all of this, and I think this might be the best AAR in the CK3 forum right now. I love the amount of work you've put into designing the graphics and the maps, and writing the narrative scenes, and playing out the family drama between the Houses of Albany and Lothian. Will definitely continue reading.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A difficult battle, well won by the Christians - but the Norsemen have great numbers.

And even if the invasion should be fended off, the involvement of the Hibernian vikings shows that lasting peace in the British Isles is but a distant hope.

The Hibernian Vikings are indeed on Griogair’s mind.

So I just finished reading all of this, and I think this might be the best AAR in the CK3 forum right now. I love the amount of work you've put into designing the graphics and the maps, and writing the narrative scenes, and playing out the family drama between the Houses of Albany and Lothian. Will definitely continue reading.

Thanks for reading! Really appreciate the comment.

Well, the Norse have been defeated. Unfortunately, they are not yet broken.

The war continues, and the Norse must suffer. Seize their lands on the Isles!

• 1Like
Reactions: