germany will not win against russia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i have same problem. germany never dow`s me when im russian. annoying, in last game i did attack germany on ´44 after taking finland and sweden. frontline was too big for germany. and i had good time to build up my army. but this has to be done something. playing as ussr isnt fun anymore.

If Germany's "don't commit obvious suicide" AI clause kicks in I always breath a huge sigh of relief. I much prefer attacking Germany + satellites to trying to manage a proper defense of Russia.

i have same problem. germany never dow`s me when im russian.

The only reason that I know of (and that was mentioned before) is if the force ratio is too much in Russia's favour. And I can't really fault anyone for programming that in.
If you want them to declare war on you, have fewer units (I don't know... build forts? much more armour/ air forces?)
Or just declare war on them in June'41, if you feel that the "surprise backstab" that you've prepared for for the last five and a half years really should come on schedule.

The price to pay if you as Russia attack Germany first though, is Portugal will go axis. (maybe some other countries in Europe too, but by then they are already annexed or already in axis)