• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Analysis of the best templates
  • I used:
    - 7 LT
    - 2 Light SPA
    - support: eng, arm.rec, sig, arty

Ok, so you used this one:
    1592726057299.png

Here again mine to compare them 1to1:
    1592726157580.png

You have less org, a lot less HP, a bit less armor, a lot less breakthrough, more soft attack and less production costs (but you need tungsten).

I tested with your division in my game (all tanks on a big field marshall offensive line, aggressive, no micro) and did 2 runs:
    1. 48 20w Light Tanks
    2. 96 20w Light Tanks
    In the first run after 1 month almost all my Tank divisions were wiped out, I lost almost as many manpower as the Soviets and the attack was over and Soviets started counter attack.

In the second run I could capitulate them in 51 days. (Almost the same as with the 48 40w Tanks).
    BUT: I lost 23k Light Tanks. That's almost 4 times the losses with the 40w. If you are not able to fill that losses your offense might get to a halt and your divisions are wiped out.

Conclusion:
    • I think you shouldn't use Light SPGs for a Tank only template. They lower org and HP and these are already so low, that you can't afford it.
    • I think bigger is better. Did another small test with a template with just Light Tanks (no spgs) but 20w instead of 40w. After 2 Month I lost almost 40k Light Tanks and couldnt fill the divisions anymore. I don't see what advantage 20w could have.
    • Numbers. With 60k Light Tanks fielded you are good with a simple battle plan. With "only" 30k Light Tanks you need to manage your attack.

Last edited:
    • 1Love
    Reactions: