• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Faeelin

Banned
79 Badges
Dec 15, 2001
Visit site
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
“One should not worry about the methods so long as one is moving forward. For in the end success decides which methods are right. Do no doubt the goal of our foreign policy: German freedom and German greatness.”-Gustav Stresemann, 1927

screensave40ed5.png

screensave38vb8.png

Moving this one to HoI2 too eh?

Nifty; I'm interested in seeing what you are going to do with this since HoI2 is best for military matters while being weak in political ones.

Was it you that once said that even a liberal democratic Germany would seek revenge? It was someone on alternatehistory.com but I forget who..

diziziz said:
Isn't Gustav Stresemann dead in 1936?
Normally, yes. In this timeline, he didn't.

Last edited:
discovery1 said:
It just occurred to me that GER is allied to France and the UK in that screen shot. Now how did that happen? Aside from integrating the steel industries and such.

Bwahaha.

Let's just say the disarmament conferences of the 1930s went a tad differently.

A war against communism or fascism would be TOO easy with Germany in the Allies.

Kabraloth said:
Nice. Wrong flag, though.
Not necessarily. Stresemann liked both flags, since both were heirs, in his belief, to two stands of Germany's heritage, of which people should be proud. So a change isn't out of the question.

Nice try though.

germanpeon said:
A war against communism or fascism would be TOO easy with Germany in the Allies.
There are a couple of house rules, to make it harder; like locks on bombers for the allies until 1938. Once I figure out how to lock techs, anyway.

But does anyone seriously think a player will lose?

Hmm... liberals... eww...
maybe you could tell us how it ended like this?
Surely it can not be that the commies and nazis just decided to kill eachother?

I have just done an exam on good old Gustav today...i think he is great. However, surely Germany's ride through the Great depression would have been better with him at the helm (pity he died about a month before the Wall Street Crash) and things would have fanned out differently, but these are menial matters. Do continue good sir!

Faeelin said:
There are a couple of house rules, to make it harder; like locks on bombers for the allies until 1938. Once I figure out how to lock techs, anyway.
This can be done relatively easily through some minor savegame editting: just add the relevant id numbers for each tech that you want each country to avoid researching to the line 'deactivate = { }' under each country entry in the savegame.

Whe you want the tech to be researchable again, you can remove it from the 'deactivate' line.

Faeelin said:
But does anyone seriously think a player will lose?
No, but it's a fair bit more entertaining if the possibility exists.

Has Germany's good (I assume) behavior up to this point allowed them to reoccupy the Rheinland?

EDIT: *squints* And did France build the Maginot Line anyway?

dublish said:
No, but it's a fair bit more entertaining if the possibility exists.

Has Germany's good (I assume) behavior up to this point allowed them to reoccupy the Rheinland?

EDIT: *squints* And did France build the Maginot Line anyway?

Re Maginot Line: They are French, and they'll never trust the Germans farther than they can throw them, at least not yet. However I presume that in the TL the Maginot Line is considerably weaker, given teh smaller threat from Germany.

Curious start... let's see what comes next. Evertyhing else but from Germany is as usual in 1936?

robou said:
I have just done an exam on good old Gustav today...i think he is great. However, surely Germany's ride through the Great depression would have been better with him at the helm (pity he died about a month before the Wall Street Crash) and things would have fanned out differently, but these are menial matters. Do continue good sir!
Oh, I agree, and they do. Hence, he comes to power.

(As opposed to fleeing to America).

EDIT: *squints* And did France build the Maginot Line anyway

They started the Rhineland in response to the success of the Young Plan, whereby they got a better deal on reparations, and Germany got French troops out of the Rhineland. So, in my opinion nothing much changes.

Enewald said:
Hmm... liberals... eww...
maybe you could tell us how it ended like this?
Surely it can not be that the commies and nazis just decided to kill eachother?

It all begins with turning Thoiry into practice...