• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Miihkali

Old Guard
6 Badges
Apr 11, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
German-Czechoslovakian alliance
fascist Czechoslovakia AAR

OK, I'm gonna start another AAR as Czechoslovakia. I'll play with Fernando Torres' great Experience of World War II modification, and I've set game as normal. During whole history of game, I first focused on industrial and agricultural techs, then on artillery, infantry and armour. When I got model 1939 light armor and infantry and early artillery I started to build masses of infantry with artillery and also upgraded my tank divisions to 1939 models. Then I started to focus on census calculating techs and land doctrines.

When Germans demanded Sudetenland, I chosen "Join Axis". Now I'm allied with Germany and have most powerful alliance than can be imagined!

Show:
* Update I
* Update II
* Update III
* Update IV
* Update V
* Update VI
* Update VII
* Update VIII
* Update IX
* Update X
* Update XI
* Update XII
* Update XIII
* Update XIV
* Update XV
* Update XVI
* Update XVII
* Update XVIII
* Update XIX

October 25:

But then Italians declared war against Axis...

Then attacked from all possible provinces to Hungary. Czechoslovakian army was too big and too well organized for weak Hungarians:

Till October 29 of 1938 Budapest was surrounded:

Battle ended in November 7 and Germany annexed Hungary. Czechoslovakians got Miscolkc, Szeged and Debrecen, Germans Györ, Budapest and Pecs.

Next Axis will crush Italy.

Last edited:
Jushu said:
About the swastikas, yeah they should be removed... but yet again it is a part of history and you cannot deny it. Looking good btw, I didn't know that there is an option to join the axis by the event :s

The forum rules prefer alternate history ;)

Nothing good can come from censoring. I challenge anyone to come with a example of the opposite.

Sondrety said:
Nothing good can come from censoring. I challenge anyone to come with a example of the opposite.

Hey there's plenty good with censoring! What about that time when they had to BEEEEEP! and BEEEEEEEP! until BEEEEEEP!. Yeah! That time censoring really did BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! And so all the manatees were safe again.

But apart from that time I suppose you are correct.

Charle_88 said:
Hey there's plenty good with censoring! What about that time when they had to BEEEEEP! and BEEEEEEEP! until BEEEEEEP!. Yeah! That time censoring really did BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! And so all the manatees were safe again.

But apart from that time I suppose you are correct.
Our bad, we shouldn't brought this thread off-topic. Good luck with Italy, it will be interesting to watch

Miihkali: ...When Germans demanded Sudetenland, I chosen "Join Axis". Now I'm allied with Germany and have most powerful alliance than can be imagined!

most excellent ! ! :)

Miihkali:
...But then Italians declared war against Axis...

a mistake they will soon realize ! ! ;)

Miihkali:
...Battle ended in November 7 and Germany annexed Hungary. Czechoslovakians got Miscolkc, Szeged and Debrecen, Germans Györ, Budapest and Pecs.

not a fair division. Germany got Austria, you should have received all of Hungry ! ! :D

Miihkali:
...Next Axis will crush Italy.

wonderful ! ! :) :: ho hum :: :D ( read that, what else can you expect ? )

awesome start ! ! :cool:

Ah, that's interesting. I must say I never played CZE like this. I've joined the Axis few times, but only to avoid being annihilated by Germany. Then I waited for some time, got their techs ( :D ) and then left the Alliance. The game usually ended with Germany being my protectorate :rofl:

The nasty side effect was that the game got really boring. Not being annexed by Germany breaks the event chain leading to the beginning of the WW2 and the AI is usually too stupid to start it on its own.

Anyway, good luck. Don't let the Germans get all the spoils of war. You must annex as many provinces as you can, in order to expand your IC (and manpower, which becomes a real problem later on).

I suggest you take Yugoslavia and all the Balkan countries and estabilish a Czech Empire there :D ;)

Update II

OK. Thanks for your feedback. It have been great! And please, stop discussion about swastikas. It's fruitless discussion. You have accepted forum rules when you signed in and blah blah blah.

And game wont become boring! I'll make sure that WWII starts :D

After annexation of Hungary my troops were moved to Italy front. January 17 of 1939 they were here and re-organized. I started same day assault to Milan!

Assault was success and Trento was pocketed. However, it was too early to try break the pocket, where was 20-30(?) divisions. So, first Axis started to push Italians towards south.

Quick advantage through central Italy quickly formed also another pocket, this time in Turin. Now at least 300,000 Italian soldiers were pocketed - by Czechoslovakians :p February 21 started four day battle in Turin.

February 26 the battle of Trento was started and Italian divisions here were destroyed in few days.

Now Axis are free to turn towards south and try to occupy whole Italy.

Next: Italy will fall and some Balkan nation as well.

Last edited:
You are perhaps Czechoslovakian, but they're the Italian Army.
'Nuff said. :p

This'll be fun! :cool:

Update III

OK. Thanks for your feedback :D

There's map of Europe in May 1 of 1939

As always when some one tries to conquer Italy via pushing from north, Germans occupied Italy but Mediterranean Islands (including sicily) and Italian colonies are still independent.

In June 14 I started declared war against Poland. Weak Polish defense in south was quickly crushed.

June 16 Western Allies had ''new war'' events and declared war against Axis powers.

Unlike I hoped, the battle of Cracow didn't end quickly as my victory. In June 19 it still continued and my spearheads in north also met resistance.

June 26 I closed pocket in stouh Galicia. My troops started to advance towards north and Warsaw - German troops occupied that pocket :D

June 28 frontline now looks this:

July 5 Lublin battle is still going (I wonder why units are so weak in Vanilla HoI... battles end in one hour...)

July 10 Battle for Lublin finally ended. Now Polish army was almost destroyed and Poland overrun easily: Poland surrendered in July 20.

Which nation I should destroy in next update? Romania looks best, but should I first annex Yugoslavia and encircle Romania...

Last edited:
I'm not sure how happy the NSDAP gangstaz would be if a slavic country took that much land for themselves... :p

Annex Romania and encircle Yugoslavia! :D