• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greast stuffs. These informations are basically suitable for all scenarios between 1180 and 1600. Please keep on good work for other areas!

I would like to expand but I would need more precise historical data on the rivalry of the 2 periods between characters. We may assume if events fire up that alter the attitude, even the AI will be more pulled into "alliances" and plots according to how we wish it to act, and of course, we'll wish it to act in a human smart way. :)

At this point having given you the inputs you could start building what's written in the notes, mostly (apart from the province infrastructures and resources) it's about events. The mine, the pirates, the fishermen... all can concur to building a great RPG feeling. Once you increase the honor threshold required to hit a "friend" we are absolutely certain we have reached an alliance even though the game doesn't have them. Naturally, that's how you force an AI to expand to some specific place.
This should do for Shikoku, next part, Kyushu (and here I'm tough because I'm a fan of Shimazu) :)

Be advised I am editing Sanuki Kuni because I missed the Stone quarries.

I would like to expand but I would need more precise historical data on the rivalry of the 2 periods between characters. We may assume if events fire up that alter the attitude, even the AI will be more pulled into "alliances" and plots according to how we wish it to act, and of course, we'll wish it to act in a human smart way. :)

At this point having given you the inputs you could start building what's written in the notes, mostly (apart from the province infrastructures and resources) it's about events. The mine, the pirates, the fishermen... all can concur to building a great RPG feeling. Once you increase the honor threshold required to hit a "friend" we are absolutely certain we have reached an alliance even though the game doesn't have them. Naturally, that's how you force an AI to expand to some specific place.
This should do for Shikoku, next part, Kyushu (and here I'm tough because I'm a fan of Shimazu) :)

Be advised I am editing Sanuki Kuni because I missed the Stone quarries.

One question. How can the player know which province has gold mine or something else? Some people might have historical knowledges, but others not.
In addition, I think these characteristics would change in game. For example, the most gold mines in Kai was not found in 1467, but in 1551 Shingen could use them for his campaigns.

You can simply add the mine as well as other resources in the tooltip description.
Some resources could be developed this way at the appropriate time later, after many upgrades some others would be present from the start. It's just the text in the tooltip... no?

Do you mean the tooltip of the province modifier?
I guess the modifier disappears after occupation. I might be wrong, though.

maybe create a new map mode? but i'm not sure if that'd work, but that's the idea: a new map mode showing different colors with a tooltip describing which color means what, and when you hover the mouse on a province, it would also show what it has in that regard?

maybe create a new map mode? but i'm not sure if that'd work, but that's the idea: a new map mode showing different colors with a tooltip describing which color means what, and when you hover the mouse on a province, it would also show what it has in that regard?

Map mode are hardcoded, I think. At least we can't change them drastically.

It would help me a lot if you posted an SS of Kyushu on the terrain filter and another one on the kuni filter. The problem being that

1) I am on windowed mode 1024*768

2) my laptop overheats and shuts down while I am writing (everything lost twice today, once yesterday).

I think my vid card is dying. It sucks when it shuts off, plenty of time to reboot, then restart the game (boot more time) then lose written data... uff.

Sure. :)

I made a new post for the renamed Genpei Mod.
Please check here and get the new version!

... so should this thread be closed now?

I think we can use this thread some special issues such as Genpei scenario historical events or provincial management.

How many clans are in the Kanto region and how many will join the leader of genji?

I can't remember correctly, but ca. 15 clans. AI decides to join randomly, but the clans which historically fought against Yoritomo have less chance to join the Genji.

I can't remember correctly, but ca. 15 clans. AI decides to join randomly, but the clans which historically fought against Yoritomo have less chance to join the Genji.

This bit game tip question, should I wait untill all clans that can join me to join even if take ten years or should attack tara by 1185?

If you unite the kanto and have court region could you get the offices of Chinijufu Shogun as special modficer the you do for the genji leader.

Last edited:
This bit game tip question, should I wait untill all clans that can join me to join even if take ten years or should attack tara by 1185?

This decision is yours. :) I think there is no the ultimate answer. At least, I tried to set the game balance to let the player choice the way.

If you unite the kanto and have court region could you get the offices of Chinijufu Shogun as special modficer the you do for the genji leader.

I think Fujiwara Hidehira was Chinjufu Shogun (not sure he was assigned by the Court or just de facto), but some regional titles would be nice.

2. ? (A good name needed !)
The clan is recognized as the strongest number 2. (As the historical term in the Ashikaga Shogunate: Kanrei)
Example: Minamoto in 1180, Hosokawa and Yamana in 1467.
What was the historical name for this rank? Maybe we can come up with a translation?

What was the historical name for this rank? Maybe we can come up with a translation?

Kanrei, as you find in that quote.
I am also thinking to merge the rank 2 and 3.

Ah sorry for that, totally missed it - Kanrei sounds cool! :D

Merging ranks is fine - have too many and their significance fades away so your decision is fine.