• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Genghis liked sweet dishes. His favourite brains dish was one marinaded with sugar beets and served with caramelised onions. He was also quite partial to a little candy if the opportunity arose. Bitter dishes were not his thing. particularly bitter dishes served ice cold with a side serving of pain. It was for this reason that Genghis was particularly unhappy with his latest meal of revenge being dished up by the Polish alliance. He certainly was tempted to take the whole plateful right back to the chefs in Warsaw. In fact he would have done so were it not for the massive amount of heavily armed waiters blocking the way.
heretheycome.png

Thats a lot of men, it appears they are bringing the mother of all meals

So Genghis found himself being forcefed a most unpleasant situation. Everyone was piling in, even the Teutonic Knights not a nation normally famed for their cuisine. Even attempts to expell the unwelcome guests fail miserably as their numbers are just oo high.
toomany.png

The tables have turned. The Mongol cavalry is quite unable to treat the enemy as fast-food.
hhhippo.jpg

This game is a suitable representation of the war.​

In the end there was only one course of action left for Genghis. A sizable tip to the Polish.
-peace.gif

No compliments from the chef​

Duke of Wellington said:
hhhippo.jpg

This game is a suitable representation of the war.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brilliant! Now I can't wait to see what Genghis is cooking up next. :)

Another splendid AAR by DoW, and a veary good cookbook, is it for sale in stores? :D

To bad that you lost Donetsk, but you can surely take it back later on.

Now that was A LOT of dangerous looking waiters, I think in the end it turned out ok. You could have lost a lot more I guess. Now it is time for the Khan to reinforce his forces I think and see if he can get more brains next time around…

YOU GAVE UP! Shame. I demand the beheading(and then consumption of said heads) of all the generals who fought that war. Shame.

comagoosie said:
Hmm, the first lost! Never! Khan never loses, more like gives the enemy a boost so that he can face them on even ground!
Its more entertaining that way. :p

Well I have a reluctant announcement to make. I am quitting this AAR. I thought about it and thought it would be simple to decide but now that I have to write it I actually find it hard. I really, really do not want to abandon an AAR. But when it comes down to it I begun this AAR for four reasons

1. To try writing in a few different styles.
2. To see how well I can do with the Golden Horde in EU1.
3. To see if people will follow an EU1 AAR.
4. To enjoy writing it.

In some sort of answer to these four points:

1. I have tried writing in all the styles I feel I can competently do. I have enjoyed experimenting with them but don't really have any new ideas to try now.
2. I have found that I can't really do that well. I've played on some 20 years from the point the AAR ends and cannot do much more than repeat the same old things. The game also has too many weaknesses to make it really entertaining. At the end of the day EU1 offers only a few things better than EU2 and they're pretty minor.
3. They will. I am most pleasantly surprised at the number of people who've read an apparently enjoyed it. Thanks.
4. I did. But I don't really have the energy nor the inspiration anymore. It has become a chore and when it reaches that stage why keep on going with it? It's been nearly two and a half years since I wasn't writing an AAR. With my EU2 Golden Horde AAR (which I do not find a chore at all) drawing to an end I want to finish up my writing for a while and take a break.

So thank you to everyone who has followed this AAR. Your support and comments really do provide a lot of encouragement. At the end of the day though warm words aren't enough to provide inspiration to write energetically about a lack lustre game. I am sorry to disappoint and normally would try to provide some ending that closes the story. This time there won't be so this AAR is ended.

A special extra apology to billy bob (who I think will be extra annoyed) and Snake IV (whom I know thinks I will never drop an AAR in this manner)

I will return with another new AAR in EU3 at some point in the future.

Thank you for the AAR that you did write, I can fully understand that when the project is unenjoyable you feel you can use your energies better elsewhere.

I'm certain no one will complain (well Billy Bob will), after all the EU2 version is a real saga - it was also the thing that brought me into AARland.

I'll look forward to the new project in the future, as I'm sure lots of other people will.

Thanks for the good run Duke, I have really enjoyed it! It game me a look at EU1 while you supplied some humor too :D

Do not feel regret for this AAR but feel proud!

Duke of Wellington said:
Snake IV (whom I know thinks I will never drop an AAR in this manner)
Well, quite. ( :mad: ), but nevertheless it's a better way to end an AAR to make a post like this than to quietly abandoning it fooling oneself that you'd come back to it one day, like I've done. Then again, I expected better from you than from me :D
Nevertheless I'm always for a nice warp-up of it.

Sad news indeed, but nevertheless, thank you for the AAR you've written so far it was hilarious.

This is the literary equivalent to "Only the good die young".

*applause*

It was good while it lasted. :)

HOW DARE YOU! You gave up again! DONT TURN uZBEK ON ME!

PrawnStar - Thank you for the support. I'm glad to know that Scourge from the East has introduced you to AARs.

comagoosie - Thanks for the kind words.

Snake IV - Yip, I'm still with you on the desire for a nice wrap up but sometimes even that just isn't coming.

Sokraates - Thank you, you're far too kind ;)

germanpeon - Thank you.

billy bob - Just as expected :D Well how could I possibly be turning uZBEK when there are none in the game?

touche mr. Duke.

I just found this, and enjoyed reading it. Zombie Ghengis rocks!

fasquardon