• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It pains me to say this but I'm afraid I'm having another crash, this time on the 6th March 484. I've sent you the save game by email in case you can find a solution. I managed to play 13 more eventful years of the game though which was fun while it lasted!

It pains me to say this but I'm afraid I'm having another crash, this time on the 6th March 484. I've sent you the save game by email in case you can find a solution. I managed to play 13 more eventful years of the game though which was fun while it lasted!

Thanks, let's see what's happening now.

EDIT: it seems the problem is the same. I thought the game would run fine now but it seems that when Aria Rebels and Asian Rebels appeared they appeared with noreligion and noculture, even when they had correct religion and culture in the history part of the save. This may be a vanilla problem too.

There is a way to solve this in general, I'll create events to quickly replace the culture and religion of countries (and religion for characters) when they have "noculture" and "noreligion", and they lack technology too.... but tech seems not important. If the "culture = noculture" doesn't work, I'll check that the culture does not exists (in the save countries had nothing).

Last edited:
Damn Paradox, why doesn't primary_culture = THIS work? Instead of 1 I had to make 70 events :D

Ok, another fix.
This time it is very robust AND it can fix broken saves, the save must only be some days (I would say 15) before the crash, because the events, with a very very short MTTH, need some days to fire.

The new version is here, the only change is the event file "MT_noculturefix.txt" and the localisation file "0_Magna_Terra.csv", so you can just copy these to the previous installation of Magna Terra.

inertiatic, your save is somewhat close to the crash date, sometimes the event fixed it, sometimes it did not have time to fire, so I suggest you to fire the events manually:
1) Load the save and enter as Asia. Open the console (ALT+21) and type "event 99994" (so that Asia Rebels will have greek culture, there is 1 event per culture). Click the option and save. Go to menu.
2) Load the save and enter as Aria. Open the console (ALT+21) and type "event 99994". Click the option and save. Go to menu.
3) Go back to your Rome. Note that you don't need to let the game run a single day as Asia or Aria, so you can get back to Rome in the same day.

Feedback please.

inertiatic, your save is somewhat close to the crash date, sometimes the event fixed it, sometimes it did not have time to fire, so I suggest you to fire the events manually:
1) Load the save and enter as Asia. Open the console (ALT+21) and type "event 99994" (so that Asia Rebels will have greek culture, there is 1 event per culture). Click the option and save. Go to menu.
2) Load the save and enter as Aria. Open the console (ALT+21) and type "event 99994". Click the option and save. Go to menu.
3) Go back to your Rome. Note that you don't need to let the game run a single day as Asia or Aria, so you can get back to Rome in the same day.

Feedback please.

Problem solved. Actually, when I tried to type in the events it gave me a message saying 'there is no event with ID 99994' so instead I just installed the updated files and ran the game from an autosave which was only about a month earlier than the other save. Everything runs perfectly now. Good job!

Problem solved. Actually, when I tried to type in the events it gave me a message saying 'there is no event with ID 99994' so instead I just installed the updated files and ran the game from an autosave which was only about a month earlier than the other save. Everything runs perfectly now. Good job!

ha... you were supposed to install the new update and then use that triggering. Anyway I'm glad it seems to be solved.

i tryed installing this mod yesterday night and found was a bit confused at how to do it im runing Rome through steam. i tryed what i thought mite work puting all the files in the mod fi8le and when that did not work i copyed the games content in my rome folder to see if that worked only to find that i had to reinstall wich makes me fell like a dummy :p so what is the correct way to install and do i need to do anything with steam for this to work

thanks Small

Yeah, I had this problem as well. I went into both the .Exe and the Launcher and ran both programs as administrator (on window 7). Loaded right up. Hope that's your issue.

If anyone has had a crash at the "Create World" stage AND has added the province textures, I fixed this by reverting the province textures to vanilla. The game loaded fine afterward.

Very nice mod, but simple unplayble: too many CTD. I have played until 554, with about 1 CTD every year, but after 550 there was a CTD every 6 weeks ... unplayble, ...

Very nice mod, but simple unplayble: too many CTD. I have played until 554, with about 1 CTD every year, but after 550 there was a CTD every 6 weeks ... unplayble, ...

Thanks, which version are you using?

Thanks, which version are you using?

Rome + VV 2.32c + Magna Terra 2011-04-16

Your mod is very nice, seriously (if you think that I did play with 1 CTD every year for more 100 years, restarting game every year, you think how much I like it). But may be for event, may be for high number of armies (game go more hard), after 550 it´s inplayble, 1 CTD every month ...

my latest savegames (1 every 10 days) are with 50mb and I think I can´t envoy you by this forum (too much heavy), but if you interested, give me a e-mail, and send you.

Rome + VV 2.32c + Magna Terra 2011-04-16

Your mod is very nice, seriously (if you think that I did play with 1 CTD every year for more 100 years, restarting game every year, you think how much I like it). But may be for event, may be for high number of armies (game go more hard), after 550 it´s inplayble, 1 CTD every month ...

my latest savegames (1 every 10 days) are with 50mb and I think I can´t envoy you by this forum (too much heavy), but if you interested, give me a e-mail, and send you.

Yeah, send me it. jorgefdcamara at gmail dot com

I don't know what can be it

CTD on creating world using Rome Gold/Steam/latest beta patch

I finally got around to playing some MT after a long time, this is an awesome mod :) Had a great time teaming up with Maurya and the Ptolemies to beat up the Seleucids.

Just a couple of little suggestions: maybe reduce the movement speed bonus to the Furs tradegood. The game adds together modifiers before applying them at the same time, so the -50% movement cost of furs combined with the same from roads means that units literally reach their destination on the following day when travelling to or from a province with both.

Also, towards the end of the game I've found population growth to be way too high, which has resulted in Rome itself having over 200 population and most Italian provinces are bustling metropoleis almost the equal of Alexandria in Egypt. On the upside, at least it means my country has a virtually unlimited supply of money (40k+) and manpower (6.5k per month, with 700k as the maximum)...

Can't think of any other bugs at the moment, though, aside from a few positions.txt issues (particularly armies in Italy).

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah the movement thing on fur... the possible effects of province trade goods are kinda limited... I didn't know exactly what this did, so I should surely reduce it :p
The population thing... I don't know how to reduce it without compromising in other places, like in early game.

On the crash thing, I think the game simply can't handle so much information in the late game, so it crashes. I can only say you can try reduce the size of your savegame (see http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?566278-Savegame-trimmer). Or send me the savegame to my email to see if I can locate the error (jorgefdcamara at gmail .com).

Thanks for the feedback.
Yeah the movement thing on fur... the possible effects of province trade goods are kinda limited... I didn't know exactly what this did, so I should surely reduce it :p
Maybe a reduction in attrition? Though this wouldn't make much sense if it was traded for in arid areas.

The population thing... I don't know how to reduce it without compromising in other places, like in early game.
There's one particular National Idea that bumps up pop growth by 5%, which only becomes available in the late game, plus a few other things. I was getting +12% pop growth in a number of my provinces at one stage, though that might've been with the growth omen invoked as well. It just all seems to add up to the point where in the late game you never have to worry about money or manpower since you have such a high population.

On the crash thing, I think the game simply can't handle so much information in the late game, so it crashes. I can only say you can try reduce the size of your savegame (see http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?566278-Savegame-trimmer). Or send me the savegame to my email to see if I can locate the error (jorgefdcamara at gmail .com).
I'll second this; I'd say about 90% of my crash problems can be solved by trimming the savegame. I find that I start to get autosave problems after they reach about 35MB, with other issues arising at about double that, but this number might vary depending on RAM (I have 4GB).

Maybe a reduction in attrition? Though this wouldn't make much sense if it was traded for in arid areas.

The problem is... what usable province effect does that? Supply limit? Currently cows are the one using it :p

There's one particular National Idea that bumps up pop growth by 5%, which only becomes available in the late game, plus a few other things. I was getting +12% pop growth in a number of my provinces at one stage, though that might've been with the growth omen invoked as well. It just all seems to add up to the point where in the late game you never have to worry about money or manpower since you have such a high population.

That idea was meant to unlock the colonisation of harsh climates (inner Arabia, Tibet, etc), but I probably underestimated the accumulated bonus from other techs.

I'll second this; I'd say about 90% of my crash problems can be solved by trimming the savegame. I find that I start to get autosave problems after they reach about 35MB, with other issues arising at about double that, but this number might vary depending on RAM (I have 4GB).

This is one of Magna Terra's main enemy right now, savegames are immense and maybe other memory problems are causing crashes. I think only gets worse as Magna Terra has a lot of extra countries and provinces (although I think EUIII memory usage would be comparable with its larger number of countries and provinces, considering the Rome characters in) Rome keeps getting outdated, and smaller memory problems get bigger.