• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(15893)

Forest of Metaphors
Mar 31, 2003
Hello people, This is the Modern Day Scenario Forum. Thank you for being interested in this mod, and all help is needed/wanted.

Note: THIS MOD IS NOT YET COMPLETE, AND WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN THE DATE OF RELEASE WILL BE.

This is the forum for comments about the MDS, general suggestions, and MDS Chat.

Also, Moderators, may you please sticky this?

Thank you.

Last edited:
First suggestion is, that I think that we should set this forum up like C.O.R.E.:

Comments and Suggestions (hopefully stickied)
Tech threads
Regional threads
Propaganda Thread
Graphical Thread

(and another suggestion, I beg you all, please no more political arguments or country bashing. Thanks)

Last edited:
glued....

how EU will be modeled?military alliance?mil. acess,share techs etc...

but then UK should more correctly be in alliance with US...

also i believe extension of EU next year should be modeled...

what about biochemical weapons and techtree?

one more suggesrtion:))radical islamic countries should have org bonuses due to fanatism...

EU will share techs, and they will be a Military Alliance, minus a couple of countries.

U.K., should be in an alliance with the U.S.

Biochemical weapons may or may not be used, we aren't sure of that yet.

They should get an Org bonus due to fanaticism, but they will still be lower than advanced countries like France and the U.S.

also,although i think not likely it could be implemented differently,triangle-system won`t work for todays world...many EU (even traditional western,like France and Germany) countries are strong against US,China is a house of its own,as well as islamic countries,Russia - not still sure where is its place in the world ( maybe to build a powercenter of its own in a next few years...)

also,Khazakstan cannot be in US alliance or any other than russias since it has 40%khazaks and 38% of russians.Also russian military bases are through the country. Same goes for Tajikistan and Kirgistan. Belarus is a mere puppet,that could be applied to Khazakstan. Ukraine - officialy anti-russian but with 20% russian population...

Originally posted by Morris
also,although i think not likely it could be implemented differently,triangle-system won`t work for todays world...many EU (even traditional western,like France and Germany) countries are strong against US,China is a house of its own,as well as islamic countries,Russia - not still sure where is its place in the world ( maybe to build a powercenter of its own in a next few years...)

also,Khazakstan cannot be in US alliance or any other than russias since it has 40%khazaks and 38% of russians.Also russian military bases are through the country. Same goes for Tajikistan and Kirgistan. Belarus is a mere puppet,that could be applied to Khazakstan. Ukraine - officialy anti-russian but with 20% russian population...

Khazikstan is not going to be in The U.S. Alliance. All of those countries will probably not be in the U.S. alliance.

Also, the triangle system we have set-up could work, we just need to make a story.

How about setting up a few events threads?

One for China, one for Europe (includes all west European countries and the EU nations behind the formed iron courtain), one for US + allies, one for Russia + Eastern Europe, one for Middle East, one for Africa, one for south America and one for Asia + pascific and Australia.

True, we may not need them right now. But fact is that discussing events and allowing the people here to present event ideas could save us some time later on.

i think EU would be very weak without the UK, UK players should be abble to choose if to side with the EU or the US or something...
And what about norway? they are in NATO and the EU(same with uk..) a event for them to?

And what about AU? the african union?(yes it exicists) and does it not excists a indonesain allience with those countries?

And in what allience should JApan be in? the US or the indo?

There are and can be only three alliances: US, EU, and China. Germany and France will have to do some diplomatic work to unite most of Europe, and the UK will "historically" ally with the US but there should be a choice involved. Norway can do whatever, joining an alliance or staying neutral through the normal means.

Japan will remain neutral as far as I know. Setting their "war" to be equal to 0 will make not join any alliances I believe.