• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Launch this!

Beer Fiend

Better to have a keg than a six-pack
36 Badges
Apr 28, 2017
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
From the EULA:

'When we collect personal information about you, you are entitled to the following rights under applicable law:

the right to access and rectify your personal information;
the right to object to our processing of personal information;
the right to restrict to our processing of personal information;

the right to demand us to delete your personal information; and
the right to data portability.'

I object to the launcher being used for marketing purposes

You are not allowed to sell my data to third party companies for the purposes of marketing.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Are you sure that forum post is considered the valid way to request this?
I guess you will have to write them officially.

Also this applies only to personal data (name, adress,...). So as long they collect you nick or anonymous game usage, GDPR does not cover it. If they store "Beer Fiend played the game today 18:00 - 21:00", they are not in violation of the GDPR. So good luck

Are you sure that forum post is considered the valid way to request this?
I guess you will have to write them officially.

Also this applies only to personal data (name, adress,...). So as long they collect you nick or anonymous game usage, GDPR does not cover it. If they store "Beer Fiend played the game today 18:00 - 21:00", they are not in violation of the GDPR. So good luck
even if it's 'beer fiend played with these mods, DLC's and game rules' that's still not personal information

as long they do not store other things like IP-adress
Im not 100% sure about this. It has to be something that can identify you. So if you give them permission to store your name and they also store your IP as additional info without you knowing, they are breaching GDPR because later on they can use the IP to identify you.
But if they store just the IP with anonymous data, I believe we are at least in the grey zone.

This has about as much legal weight as those "I don't allow Facebook to use my photo's" posts all those housemums are sharing on Facebook. :rolleyes:

This is the EULA for the Paradox Account, which, according to your profile, you've had since Apr 28, 2017. You agreed to these terms long ago, and again in 2019 when it was updated to match the GDPR.

And now you suddenly have issues with it? Not in the past 10 months? Or the two years before it?

From the PDX Privacy Policy, available at the bottom of every page on PDXPlaza, and likely also the one you're quoting there:

For more information about the rights you have in relation to your personal information, please see sections 14- 20 below.

19. HOW TO ENFORCE YOUR RIGHTS
You can contact our Support department at https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us any time to get a list of all the data we have collected from you or to get such data deleted or invoke your other rights as explained above. We will do our bests to answer your request in a timely manner but please note that it may take a couple of days. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please note that if we cannot identify and guarantee who you are, we might ask you to provide us with additional information or log into your Paradox Account if possible. Please note that we will not delete any data if we are unable to verify that you are their rightful owner. We will however always use our best effort to help you out.

Last edited:
This has about as much legal weight as those "I don't allow Facebook to use my photo's" posts all those housemums are sharing on Facebook. :rolleyes:

This is the EULA for the Paradox Account, which, according to your profile, you've had since Apr 28, 2017. You agreed to these terms long ago, and again in 2019 when it was updated to match the GDPR.

And now you suddenly have issues with it? Not in the past 10 months? Or the two years before it?

From the PDX Privacy Policy, available at the bottom of every page on PDXPlaza, and likely also the one you're quoting there:

One tends to suddenly have issue with something when it suddenly becomes an issue, or when one finds out something new about it that one has a problem with but was not previously aware of (and no, having clicked the button does not mean much on that front).
Note that the new launcher is triggering ransomware and keylogger (depending on OS and various other things) protection alerts, among other problems, which the game did not previously do.

Further, EULAs of the sort used in consumer software have decidedly dubious legal validity in many respects, and even leaving that aside don't actually protect the company if they're taking actions contrary to the law, no matter what they say.

But yes, the OP's post is almost certainly legally worthless too.

Edit: Disclaimer in case of confusion: I am not a lawyer, and if I were a lawyer I wouldn't be giving legal advice here/in this format, as (at least in many jurisdictions) doing so would have great potential to get hypothetical-lawyer-me in a lot of trouble.

And now you suddenly have issues with it? Not in the past 10 months? Or the two years before it
So by your logic if MLB just imposed it's "every reliever must face three batters" rule on opening day, the fans would not be able to object? Their voices could not be heard? It would be too bad for the fans, their voices are 100% unimportant to us.
So if Paradox posted 6 months in advance that they were going to implement the launcher then and only then would we have an argument in your opinion? But because they did not pre-announce it, too bad for us, it's opening day! Live with it suckas! Face three batters or quit!
I understand your legal argument that I have no quibble about. However the rest of your opinion I'm just not feeling.

Hello,

From the GDPR text:

Chapter 1 - General provisions
Article 4 - Definitions
(1)
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;

So this is still personal data so protected by GDPR.

I don't want to stir discord just to clear things up. I've seen a lot of wrong things about GDPR even if the law is openly readable on the EU website in 24 language.

Last edited:
They need to fire Jonathan Whtiley ..... he has gone crazy . He's gone crazy on me on Steam. He Stole my personal data from Paradox, and went totally mental crazy on me on Steam, his useername there is Azure . He has gone crazy on many people.

if you can read this: then you are lucky, as Jonathan from Utah uses his powers online to stop anyone from seeing this. I kbow this post will be deleted soon, and I will get more added days of my ban ..... You all seen the "launcher" and how bad that is received. Don't take my word ..... look at the evidence.

I just sit and wait for my next ban ... but TRUTH HURTS .. and Paradox, you need to listen. You can still fix this

You are not allowed to sell my data to third party companies for the purposes of marketing.
We don't. Never have, never will. We share the data with partners of ours who are all under a Data Processing Agreement which means that as soon as whatever data they've been provided with has been used, it's deleted. This is all detailed at legal.paradoxplaza.com and I would recommend you read it as it also contains a list of what we share and with whom. The whole idea that we're hoarding data and selling it for profit is just.... absurd ><.

They need to fire Jonathan Whtiley ..... he has gone crazy . He's gone crazy on me on Steam. He Stole my personal data from Paradox, and went totally mental crazy on me on Steam, his useername there is Azure . He has gone crazy on many people.

if you can read this: then you are lucky, as Jonathan from Utah uses his powers online to stop anyone from seeing this. I kbow this post will be deleted soon, and I will get more added days of my ban ..... You all seen the "launcher" and how bad that is received. Don't take my word ..... look at the evidence.

I just sit and wait for my next ban ... but TRUTH HURTS .. and Paradox, you need to listen. You can still fix this
I've dealt with you, Jonathan has dealt with you, another colleague of mine has dealt with you and we've all said the same thing: nothing has been stolen. I'm sorry to say that the problem isn't with Jonathan, it's your unwillingness to accept what we're telling you is the truth.

This thread is locked as it's creeping into fiction, paranoia and assumptions, all which are untrue. Please check our legal page (link above) for all the information regarding what we collect and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.