GDIFontLibClass. CreateFont: cant find font "Verdana" size:12 please help!!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
bkcproject said:
i cant start the game

i get this error messege : GDIFontLibClass. CreateFont: cant find font "Verdana" size:12

i've read previous posts on this problem but i still dont know what to do.

anyone?

thx
Please read them more carefully. There is a solve for it described. Patch on monday, stay tuned and so on.

I know what this problem is, and I have the solution!

If you go and buy the game Tarr Chronicles, you will have the same problem as well, it is because you have Windows XP installed and are using an Asian 2-byte language, am I right? Something like Japanese, Korean, or Chinese? A single Chinese developer has come up with a solution to this problem overnight and has posted it for all to download. I love Chinese programmers :D . Ok, so here is the loader, now the problem is, is this loader does not work for me.

http://www.calio.cn/upload/dark_horizon_ChineseEnvironmentPatch_By_Calio.rar

In the meantime you have two horrible workarounds(to at least get the game running), change the language of your Windows XP under regional settings and then add a language like French or German(single byte language) and make that your primary language, you don't have to delete anything, just add it and reboot. Then you can play the game, then when you are done, then make Japanese your primary again or whatever language you prefer and delete the German language and everything will be back to normal. Or... you can use the patch, if it works for you.... (didn't for me)

So sad, this loader does not work for me because I beleive it only works for Dark Horizon, just place this patch into your game directory and then click on it then click on launch. Now, I have just one question, when can we expect an official patch for this HUGE SHOW STOPPING game bug?

Another question, this bug has existed for more than a year in your other publication; Tarr Chronicles(Tarr Chronicles uses the EXACT same game engine). In over one year, no solution/patch has come about to correct this issue. Is this what we can expect for Dark Horizon? (If you load up the demo for Tarr Chronicles, the bug doesn't exist, but if you load the actual game it does, at some level something has been lost)

NOT GOOD :wacko:

-kilihari.

The Calio-patch seems to work for me.
I just placed it in Dark Horizon's main folder, and run it, and it loads the game.

However, since it's a third-party patch, which comes from an unknown source, I am very reluctant to use it.
I would really rather have an official patch to remedy the bugs.

At least if Calio posted instructions on how to mod the exe-file by ourselves.

And it would be great if there was also such a patch for Tarr Chronicles.

Cool, it fixes Dark Horizon.. but what about Tarr Chronicles?

I would love to use the new developers patch... but what about Tarr Chronicles.. so many people including myself can not play the first game. Thank-you so much for putting out a patch for the second game though.
-Kilihari.

True_Sef said:
If the Chinese patch doesn't work, try the developer's patch:
http://www.quazar-studio.com/forum/eng/viewtopic.php?pid=974#p974
It also fixes the problem with mission #19.