• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ensor42

Recruit
Aug 31, 2017
The Gaun's Pledge ring that starts in the inventory of new characters doesn't appear to give the ability stated in the item description when equipped. The ability is shown on the character page, but is nowhere to be found in the appropriate radial menus.

Upvote 0
Have you checked under quick items? Quick Items.png
It should appear there in the combat radial

Have you checked under quick items? View attachment 295419
It should appear there in the combat radial
I checked the combat radial menu (quick items) but it is still glitched.

Here is a video I made showing the glitch:
https://twitter.com/Blackdeath_mage/status/904736937516388353

The first time I selected it from the Quick Items Combat Radial Menu with the X button it did not even register, but on the second attempt it did register. It stated Guan's Pledge is active, but this was false.....Guan's Pledge is not active (no symbol next to character portrait + not listed on Eder's character sheet displaying "Active Effects".

I hope you guys are able to patch this glitch.

Is it still glitched when you are incombat?

The effect instantly heals you for a set amount so there will never be any active effect just like the "Second wind" ability

Last edited:
I'll have to check it out in combat later to test it out. I just know that it does not show up under "Active Effects" and it does not place the little icon next to your character portrait to give the player feedback that this effect is active.

There seems to be a small issue with quick items out of combat. Direct movement interrupts the usage of quick items. So in order for it to properly register release the left stick just after you press A/X.
Also what Tremnei said about the gauns pledge ability never showing in the active effects is true. You will never see it there as it is a one off ability with no lingering effects.

Last edited:
Tremnei & devtoi are both correct. I just now used Guan's Pledge in combat and it did work. It worked the same as the second wind ability by restoring a small amount of lost Endurance. Thanks for confirming devs........you guys rock! I deleted my tweet (referenced above) since this is not a glitch.