Gather the Riches of the East in EU:Dharma on September 6

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Steam Main.png

The riches and intrigue of Indian politics are the focus of Europa Universalis IV: Dharma, the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s classic historical grand strategy game. Will you defend the subcontinent against foreign commercial empires? Can you set up a European trading empire in one of the richest lands on the globe?

You will get your chance to build a new world-spanning empire on September 6, 2018, less than a month from today.

Pre-orders are available both on Plaza and Steam.

Features in Europa Universalis IV: Dharma include:
  • Design Your Government: Unlock reforms that will define how you govern your kingdom or republic, earning free policies and boosting the power of some estates.
  • Reworked Policy System: Policies get a new look in the free update, but Dharma will include special bonuses that make this system even more attractive.
  • Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and neighboring Indian nations.
  • New Cossack Government: Exclusive for owners of The Cossacks expansion.
  • New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian sultanates and kingdoms.
  • New Indian Estates: Alongside a free update to the estate system, India gets five new castes. Raise the brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower..
  • New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate newly conquered cultures with ease.
  • Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
  • Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade
  • And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults, multiplayer teams, new art, and a host of new achievements.

As usual with Paradox expansions, Dharma will be accompanied by a large update, free for all Europa Universalis players. This Mughals update will include a more detailed map of the Indian region, a renewed Estate system, and a new approach to Policies.

Europa Universalis IV: Dharma will be available for a suggested retail price of $19,99.

Last edited:
Hello ppl.

What about Unit pack ? Is there anything like that comming along Dharma ?

Or maybe there will be new units for some factions within the pack for 20€ ?

Judgning from the price it is hard to imagine having unit pack on top of thouse 20€.

What about Unit pack ? Is there anything like that comming along Dharma ?
Yes, dlc is always paired with it and we are getting the renders for Dharma tomorrow.

Please reconsider missionary change!

To a more 4x time slower instead of hard lock only in states.

I want to see the patch-notes before even considering buying this, at this point:
  • the missionary and culture conversion change is unacceptable.
  • the corruption change is too high as it was described, it can only be acceptable if the state limit gets drastically increased or the corruption gain halved or affected by admin efficiency.
  • the tag switching changes is okay only if it can easily disable in the options, without requiring modding expertise.

Wait what? Dharma comes out before holy fury? I did not expect that.

Release on a thursday, glad you guys are confident but i guess that is nothing new considering EU IV got released on 13 aug 2013. Congrats!

the tag switching changes is okay only if it can easily disable in the options, without requiring modding expertise.
I'd be fine with it being possible to disable with fairly easy modding. Say a line in defines.
I get it they don't want people to exploit certain things and ok sure with iron man that makes sense but I don't play iron man anyway so I don't see why they'd have to cut into my fun.

I'd be fine with it being possible to disable with fairly easy modding. Say a line in defines.
I get it they don't want people to exploit certain things and ok sure with iron man that makes sense but I don't play iron man anyway so I don't see why they'd have to cut into my fun.
Commenting a big NOT block or a custom trigger in all formation decisions is also fairly easy modding, if a bit tedious.