• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

harlikwin667

Captain
49 Badges
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Iron Cross
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
Ok,

So I'm not much of a modder, and really in the near future I won't have time to play much less mod this game.

However, I think a cool addition to the game, or a mod if someone wanted to do it would be the following.

The "feel" of the game IMO is that its too glitzy, we read the cannon about hundreds of years of succession wars, and all of these broken down barely running mechs, and yet we are all running around with + and ++ weapon types, and complaining that there isn't enough lostech lying around.

What about this?
- and -- weapons and parts
Make a series of "downgraded" garbage guns that your worn out mechs start with, instead of that shiny new Kali-Yama ++ AC20 you get a -- garbage cannon that jams half the time (don't know if we can actually do jams in the game, but lets say it does less damage or less stab damage or whatever). Also it would make the stock weapons a bit more appreciated.

Also I'd like to see longer lasting effects from battle damage. Loose a leg on a mech? -1 move permanently unless you install a +1 leg actuaor.

I think it would be fairly cool to have run-down rattle trap mechs that I recall reading about in the novels.

Anyone want to give it a shot?

One of those things that sounds fun but would add little to the game except frustration. Trying to pull that called shot on a downed mech to finish it off to have your gun jam than the mech get up and kill you sounds like a rage mechanic.

I mean how many ppl run 5 skull missions with brand new pilots to enjoy watching them miss every shot?

Well its more of a mood mod, and I certainly think it should optional. But at least the cannon I recall reading talked alot about mercs with rusty/broken down mechs, not shiny new SLDF era mechs. And I absolutely would like to have a 200 year old AC that jams. Plus it would make you appreciate the "stock" weapons more.

TT actually has whole system for repairs, replacements and even customization. All which run with danger of ruining either the mech, the components or both. Rules comes with plenty of additions which change the system from being relatively simple (which is still more complex than the one in the game) to a myriad system where you really need to track components by their location, manufacturer etc. With options of jury rigging components (i.e. tried and true 'fix it with duct tape' method). Partial repairs producing stuff which works with few hickups. And just combat salvage - you didn't expect components pulled from blown up mechs to be exactly up to the factory spec did you? IIRC some rules require any kind of customization outside of released upgrade kits to have additional engineering checks to be made (in addition to the technician stuff).

I would enjoy seeing inferior equipment in stores and on mechs. Make them more common than the standard versions too.

Instead of jamming, inferior autocannons could have a higher recoil penalty on subsequent shots.

I like the idea of semi-permanent penalties to mech from combat damage. It should probably be removable with some extra time being repaired, but that could put additional limitations on the players repair budget, forcing them to use damaged mechs. It would take some work to get a balance between how frequently they happen, the severity of each type of lingering damage, and the repair time.

Yup, good idea on the AC's, and yes the "Garbage" tech should be quite common. In reality, you can only rebuild/repair stuff so much before it starts performing sub-optimally. And I think a good percentage of the gear in the IS should fit under that description per the original cannon. House units or top tier merc units would of course have the better "normal" gear and the +/++ stuff should be rarer.