• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Surprised Gamespot took time to actually review this, and for a remake of a 8 year old game that score isn't half bad.

Indeed. They still haven't reviewed EU: Rome.

Niiice :D

7.5 is way too low. Of course I'm biased. But, games like these are hard to review because they are niche. Anyways, I'm glad it got reviewed on a big site like Gamespot. Way to go guys! :)

Well, the review looked fair to me. I disagree with his assessment of colonization/merchants (they cost money to send, so making it automatic might be dangerous), and I don't play multiplayer so I don't know if his complaints about it are fair or not.

I wish he had mentioned the improved modability, though - that's what's going to make FtG shine in the future.

Also I don't find colonization really that hard MM-wise (as the review says), since you can just send traders sand colonists via right-click on a province. But overall it's a ok-ish review IMO...

and I don't play multiplayer so I don't know if his complaints about it are fair or not.
It is fair. No need to say we already focused on this part for the first patch...

I wish he had mentioned the improved modability, though - that's what's going to make FtG shine in the future.
Reviewers don't always see that. A single look to the User Modifications sub-forum on this board and already available mods could indeed be helpful and a clue...

Well, I am actualy supprised the even reviewed it, let alone give it a deacent score. And a 7.5 is what I feel it deserve from a general gamers point of wiev. Of course I like it more then that, but 7.5 in a mainstreem review is way above what I thought FtG would get.

Yeah, when you consider the difference between the average Paradoxian and the mainstream gamer to which Gamespot caters, this is pretty good. Sure we have worse sound effects and more micromanagement than the latest FPS... Their major complaint regarding multiplayer is being worked on. They join the growing consensus among the reviews that I have read that FtG is a really good game in this genre - something any Paradox gamer should be happy to hear. :)