Gameplay video today at 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The PC gamer weekender stuff or something new?

live now, first 30 minutes of game play.

Reactions:
Well... I was already in the hype train for a while... Now I am in a hype maglev... I don't really know if I can be more hyped. I mean... I am not a young man... I remember when EU I was made, I remember original XCOM and a lot of other great games... But I think I was never this hyped...

Reactions:
After watching it, I find this to be very nice information. And tomorrow there will be the stream!

Government_types.png

The Government we know so far:

Autocratic - I) Military Dictatorship ; II) Divine Mandate ; III) ; Despotic Hegemony ; IV) ? ; V) Despotic Empire

Oligarchic - I) Military Junta ; II) ? ; III) Science Directorate ; IV) ? ; V) ?

Democratic - I) ? ; II) ? ; III) Direct Democracy ; IV) Moral Democracy ; V) Indirect Democracy

In terms of planet biomes we got:

Arid worlds

Arctic worlds

Tropical worlds

and I assume Tundra and Temperate worlds as well

The traits we know so far:

Fast breeders , Cost: +1 ; Effect: Food requirements -10%

Slow breeders, Cost: -1 ; Effect: Food requirements +20%

Repugnant, Cost: -1; Effect: Other species happiness -1%

Charismatic, Cost: ? ; Effect: ?

Talented, Cost: +2; Effect: Leaders skill level +1

Strong, Cost: +2; Effect: Army damage +20%

Weak, Cost: ?; Effect: ?

Industrious, Cost: +2 ; Effect: Minerals +20%

Natural Engineers, Cost: ? ; Effect: Engineering output +15%

Natural physicists, Cost: ? ; Effect: ? (Possibly physics output +15%)

Natural sociologists, Cost: ? ; Effect: ? (Possibly social output +15%)​

Last edited:
And these are apparently older builds from around January, I think the stream tomorrow is going to be with the latest one.

Great week.
Correct, we're streaming the latest build tomorrow.

This is from when Quill18 visited in January. So some things have changed, like the menu.

Reactions:
I like how the number of empires in the game at the start keeps creeping up. Wasn't it like 16 when the game was first announced? It's 44 now.

Reactions:
I like how the number of empires in the game at the start keeps creeping up. Wasn't it like 16 when the game was first announced? It's 44 now.
As a maximum? Because in the video, they get to choose it.

Yeah, I meant the max number.