• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Timur Khan

Shuja-ud-din Timur
5 Badges
Aug 25, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
At all Im not a game expert that's why Im asking a few questions here:

Can I conquer the capital of one country if I cut it off the other provinces (in EU2 I was unable to do so)?
Can I annex one country if it have more than 1 province in case where I already occupied every province (in EU2 I was unable to do so)?
What are the main changes from EU2 except the visuals and the bug fixes?

Can I conquer the capital of one country if I cut it off the other provinces (in EU2 I was unable to do so)?

Nope. But since Michael's working on da patch, maybe he could consider implementing dat one.

Can I annex one country if it have more than 1 province in case where I already occupied every province (in EU2 I was unable to do so)?

Only states with pagan religion, or any other defined in religion file as annexable. In some mods there are also tengrist or animist countries which you can annex at once. This one is moddable however - if we'd add "annexable = yes" (?) to all religions in game, annexations would work.

What are the main changes from EU2 except the visuals and the bug fixes?

Well, most of it lies in modding. Much more stuff can be modded, in some case you can alter how game works (like mentioned religions). Well, we could use some more, but in general it's awesome as it is.

Changes in mechanics are mostly minor, but there are tons of them. You'd have to read all changelogs to get'em all methinks.

Thanks for the fast answer... Well then, shall we start modding the game already? Im eager to do so! :)

Last one: When will be released the final 1.3 (this one was asked 100 times I believe)? For me the patch from 23rd of June seems to be fine. I think that after fixing the latest triggers there should be announced the final patch.

PS: By the way on this map you are making my life with Byzantium harder...we will see how much... :D