• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

septimoworld

Recruit
Jun 10, 2022
Hello there,

I'm not new to this game but still having BIG issues with it.

My main problem is that I would like to play the historical path, and this is where the complications starts.

My installation order is:

1. HoI2 Doomsday.
2. Patch 1.0
3. Patch 1.3
4. Patch 1.3a
5. HoI2 Arma
6. Patch 1.1
7. Patch 1.2
8. HoI2 SMEP 6.0
9. SKIFF graphics pack.

NORMAL/AGRESSIVE.

I want to play as COMCHI, but out of 20 games NATCHI loses EVERY time to Japan until 1939 and there is no way I can support them. I was trying many options. The same applies for SOVIET UNION. Until 1943 they are badly crush by the Germans. They are both (NatChi & USSR) simply too weak. I've looked through a lot of threads on this forum, but still not found a solution. I noticed that the computer does not destroy enemy troops in the encirclement (NatChi), or it collects all its divisions in one province and does NOTHING at all! (Guangxi Clique).

I know there is 1.3b AI Update, but strange things start to happen after installing it, for example Soviet Union declares war upon UK in 1940 or Rep. Spain crushing Nat. Spain very early.
I also know that there is a 1.3 beta (PHVR) patch for Armageddon but after installing it the game crashes randomly.

I don't want to mess around with the editor, because I've tried that too. Various strange things also happen there, in e.g. after adding IC or resources to NatChi or USSR.

Is there anyone here who can help me with this? Maybe I'm missing some patch? Or maybe there is a solution that I don't know about? I dont want to use cheats. Sorry for my english, its not my native language.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited:
Your install is wrong. Doomsday and Armageddon are standalone games and should not be installed over one another. Nor does SMEP work properly without 1.3b unofficial patch.

Uninstall/delete everything and start again.
Install Armageddon (only) then apply the 1.2 official patch (only).
Then apply the 1.3b unofficial patch.

That should work.

I wouldn't install two mods from different authors in the same install. Use SMEP and SexxiColors, making sure they are the last Armageddon versions.

The game should then work properly.