Gameplay change and custom start.

Gameplay change and custom start.

• Hello Everyone, Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here, as well as view the list of new features
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning
Jan 9, 2021
More customized starts would be great like potentially starting neighborhood and maybe start money etc.

I feel this game is built to be short, quick and grundy but most people I talk to have all said they want a slower pace game built for long term gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions:

TaharqaYondaime

Recruit
6 Badges
Jan 14, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Empire of Sin
More customized starts would be great like potentially starting neighborhood and maybe start money etc.

I feel this game is built to be short, quick and grundy but most people I talk to have all said they want a slower pace game built for long term gameplay.

I agree - this is an easy win which seems a bit of an oversight.

Give the player more customizable ability in order to create unique playing experiences and to allow for a modification on difficulty levels. I regularly start new games and before long - i have 20 rackets while the other bosses are on 4 to 8.It makes the game unchallenging, and I spend the entire time in the lead, beating crap AI.

It would be great if i could start the game and the Outfit already has 20 rackets and the Northside Mob on 17 rackets. We should be able to choose what neighborhoods our player will start in, and where the other bosses will be located. It makes for a more exciting game. If I start the game with 3 rackets, and there are only 2 other available racket buildings - and all the other bosses have taken up all of the map - in starts the game off with conflict and fun. It forces you to have to compete and strategize against the other factions in order to expand your own.

Currently - I can just buy up the town before any of the rival factions do a thing! and before long, i am killing bosses, taking ALLL of their rackets and basically not being challenged one bit.

A more complex development idea might be bringing Empire of Sin and Crusader Kings together? The dynastic element of CK would be very welcome for Role Playing gamers who want to start their own faction. It would be great to start as Capone, and either get arrested, killed or die of old age and have to hand the Outfit over to Frank Nitti, or something of the sort. Would be even better if you could choose your heir, or raise a child of your own to run your faction... perhaps this is a future plan for future developments, but it seems a it of an obvious win. Right now, I can complete Empire of Sin in a couple of hours.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Uncle_Pablos

Private
Jan 13, 2021
Give the player more customizable ability in order to create unique playing experiences and to allow for a modification on difficulty levels. I regularly start new games and before long - i have 20 rackets while the other bosses are on 4 to 8.It makes the game unchallenging, and I spend the entire time in the lead, beating crap AI.

It would be great if i could start the game and the Outfit already has 20 rackets and the Northside Mob on 17 rackets. We should be able to choose what neighborhoods our player will start in, and where the other bosses will be located. It makes for a more exciting game. If I start the game with 3 rackets, and there are only 2 other available racket buildings - and all the other bosses have taken up all of the map - in starts the game off with conflict and fun. It forces you to have to compete and strategize against the other factions in order to expand your own.

Currently - I can just buy up the town before any of the rival factions do a thing! and before long, i am killing bosses, taking ALLL of their rackets and basically not being challenged one bit.
I agree with the idea of uneven start. It would actually allow for more role-play expirence. For example, Frankie Donovan is nobody when he come into Chichago, so he has to fight the goon on the street to get to power, so he will not attaract so much attention from the Feds, but will be well know to local police as a low-life crook..

However Al Capone, has inherited a small empire from his mentor (thats historic fact), so he would start with lets say 10 rackets, but much more heat from the Feds, but local police would be more "cooperative" to a respectable businessman.
This can even be part of starting difficulty setting. Simply because having a well settled Dean O'Banion make efforst in growing his first 5 racket makes no sense to me, if he is a Chigago born and bread, his starting position should be totaly different, as well connected and well respected member of community .(with a habit to violence and illegal activity) .