Gamepass version game runtime communication error

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SL33PYH0LL0WZ

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 30, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
I have been trying for about 4 hours now and the same alert keeps coming up in the launcher. It's under the allow/trusted category in my antivirus. I have unistalled/deleted all files pertaining to the launcher and game and did a fresh install of both. I can load the game just fine but it says that it cant log into my microsoft account to play online but im signed in still. no mods no multiplayer. I even went as far as a fresh windows install just incase a critical file was accidentally deleted. Still same issue
Untitled.jpg

Has it ever worked for you on this machine or never yet?

What is your antivirus?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

I have the same problem. Installed CK3 today using game pass and can't start game.
Troubleshooting steps taken:

1- Disabled Defender Real-Time Protection
2- Disabled Defender firewall
3- Allowed ck3 in Defender ramsonware protection
4- Add owner permissions in windowsapp folder
5- Delete localapp paradox folder and ck3 documents folder
6- start ck3 as an admin
7- Reinstalled game

Nothing works.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .