• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
You’ve felt the power of controlling the future of nations but maybe it’s time to experience history from another perspective.

Crusader Kings: Chronicles is an interactive novel, a “Choose-Your- Own Adventure” if you will, that puts you in the shoes of the second son of an indebted baron in the middle of the war-torn borderlands, where the Scots and the Brits battle for the power and all sense of chivalry is only skin-deep.

Retold through the words of renowned author M Harold Page you must try to save your inheritance, your life and your humble castle from the hands of a ruthless enemy knight, out to claim what your father left you. Are you going to solve your problems with brute force, with cunning or maybe even by being a better man than your adversary and appeal to his sense of honour?

Experience the thrilling adventures of Guy de Rose as he defends his castle, rides into battle, plots cunning plans and maybe even engages in a bit of carnal sin!

Crusader Kings Chronicles is available on Apple App Store and Google Play for $4.99

FAQ Crusader Kings Chronicles
What is it?
• It’s a gamebook – a branching narrative where the player’s choices affect the outcome of the
story. The story revolves around an impoverished English knight and his struggle to defend
his inheritance.
• It’s a premium app for iOS and Android devices available for $4.99/ €4,99/ £3,99 or local
equivalent.
• The game also contains an e-book reader and there are 6 books available for purchase at $2.99 each.
• The e-books can be accessed for free if you’ve already bought them through Steam or PARADOX store and you are logged in into your PARADOX account.
• The gamebook will unlock an exclusive song called “Guy de Rose’s Quandry” and two unique event chains in the main Crusader Kings II desktop game, starting August 25, 2016. The player needs to log in with his/her Paradox Account in both Crusader Kings: Chronicles and Crusader Kings II, and download the latest patch that will be released on August 25, 2016.
What are the minimum requirements?
• iOS: iPad® Air™ or newer, iPad® 2 or newer, iPad® mini™ or newer, iPhone® 4s or
newer, iPod Touch® 5 or newer. iOS version 6.0.
• Android: Android 5.0 (API level 21), 320x200 pixel resolution, 512Mb memory,
What are the Known Issues?
• The text input does not support diacritics and accents (È, É, Ê, Ë, Â, Ô, etc.). This is
intended.
• The quality settings may appear sluggish on some systems, and the perceived change of
quality is small.
• The game likely has some minor spelling errors.

How to access the e-books in Crusader Kings: Chronicles through PARADOX Account?
Players who bought the Crusader Kings II e-books on Paradox Plaza or Steam will be able to
read them for free in the mobile app Crusader Kings: Chronicles.
• The player must connect his/her Paradox account and Steam account.
• Go to accounts.paradoxplaza.com
• Click Settings
• Click ”Connect” your Steam account and follow the instructions.
• When the player logs into his/her Paradox account in the mobile app – the content is
unlocked.
If the content is not unlocked, check the following:
• Have you connected you Paradox account and Steam Account?
• Have you logged in to the Paradox Account in the mobile app?
• It doesn’t work – help?
• Go to the Support page and create a ticket.

How to access the extra content in Crusader Kings II through PARADOX Account?
Players who bought the mobile app Crusader Kings: Chronicles will have access to a new
song and a two new event chains in the main Crusader Kings II desktop game. The event chains explore different aspects relating to the gamebook, the first regarding a dangerous love triangle with your liege’s spouse and the second the horrible situation of having someone close to you in the clutches of the Black Death.

The new content will be released on August 25, 2016.
• The player must connect his/her Paradox account and Steam account.
• Go to accounts.paradoxplaza.com
• Click Settings
• Click ”Connect” your Steam account and follow the instructions.
• When the player logs into his/her Paradox account in Crusader Kings II, he/she will
have to download the new patch.
• If the content is not unlocked, check the following:
• Have you connected you Paradox account and Steam Account?
• Have you logged in to the Paradox Account in the mobile app?

It doesn’t work – help?
• Go to the Support page and create a ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
I do have to ask @dannie, why no love for the Lumia 950? It's more than powerful enough to run something like this after all...

It's probably because Windows phones have a pretty small market share compared to Android and iOS devices, so it's a lot harder to justify spending development time and money on making another version of the app for a smaller user base.

Reactions:
It's probably because Windows phones have a pretty small market share compared to Android and iOS devices, so it's a lot harder to justify spending development time and money on making another version of the app for a smaller user base.

Most likely yes, but I can't, but help feel annoyed that my powerful phone has no apps worthy of mention. :(

Maybe I should just give in, buy an android and somehow install Windows 10 on it... but well, the issue is that 950 XL is pretty much the most powerful phone on the market, even if its market is tiny.

Reactions:
Önteresting. Will try it out. As CK fanboy it's a must buy because of additional content.

Reactions:
· The gamebook will unlock a new soundtrack and a few new event chains in the main CK2
desktop game, on August 25 th , 2016. The user will have to be logged in with the PDX account
and download the latest patch that will be released on August 25 th , 2016.

Do you have to actually play the gamebook or will just owning it unlock the CK2 content? I'm asking because I'm not interested about the gamebook, but only about new songs and events.

Reactions:
Do you have to actually play the gamebook or will just owning it unlock the CK2 content? I'm asking because I'm not interested about the gamebook, but only about new songs and events.
You may not be interested in the gamebook, but if you buy it, you might as well play it in a moment of boredom... :rolleyes:

Besides, it's Paradox, so it's probably interesting anyway, even if you're not into this sort of games.

To answer your question, you probably just have to log in with your Paradox account in the gamebook.

Reactions:
So what's the verdict on this game? The lone two guys who reviewed it on the Google Play store gave it rather poor reviews. In a cellphone culture where literally every cellphone game seems to get 5's and 4's, it's a bit jarring to see this game not hit the ground running. Take your pick at any anime waifu game and it's out-scoring this one.

· The gamebook will unlock a new soundtrack and a few new event chains in the main CK2
desktop game, on August 25 th , 2016
Will there be a way to access this content for those that do not have the required mobile devices, or don't want to make accounts on the listed app stores for no reason?

Also, I thought Paradox was not going to be doing this sort of thing anymore, after the issues with the content tied to the Stellaris clickfest online game?

Reactions:
I encountered a bug in the game, the chapter "Lady Isabel and Sir Bertram" does not begin with the correct page.

I'm going to post it in the CKII bug report forum. If this is not correct, I apologize.

That's a nice initiative, but the app is expensive as hell! I mean, just compare it to another gamebook like 80 Days or Sorcery!, or even Paradox's own HoI4 War Stories...

Reactions:
So what's the verdict on this game? The lone two guys who reviewed it on the Google Play store gave it rather poor reviews. In a cellphone culture where literally every cellphone game seems to get 5's and 4's, it's a bit jarring to see this game not hit the ground running. Take your pick at any anime waifu game and it's out-scoring this one.

Maybe there are too few anime waifus in this game...

Reactions:
$5 for app and $3 for each books.
If my math is correct, it means 5 + 3 x 6 = $23?! :eek:

Reactions:
Once again, no love for the PC in this. Once again, I remind Paradox that reading on a nice big PC screen is much easier and better than on a phone.

Reactions:
Players who bought the mobile app Crusader Kings Chronicles will have access to a new
soundtrack and a few new event chains in the main Crusader Kings 2 desktop game.
The new content will be released on August 25 th .

Wait, does this mean that The Secret DLC is due on August 25th?

Reactions:
just bought the app and navigated the menus and thought, 'wow! am i witnessing the start of something revolutionary?' i can visualise interactive ebooks being fully integrated into all the GS titles. and i mean integrated i.e. the world of the e-book IS the world of the synced main game and evolves accordingly. you then can play in the same world at either the macro or micro scale according to what you feel like at that moment! i have to go change my pants now...

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.