• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

InsidiousMage

Field Marshal
30 Badges
Mar 4, 2021
I bought the game on Saturday, installed it and it won't start. I get to the launcher, press play but then game the freezes and never gets past that. I've done the suggestions in these two threads but its hasn't fixed anything.

I also have Crusader Kings 3 installed and it runs fine.

Attachments

• Freeze.jpg
    Freeze.jpg
    73,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I assume I do this after trying to launch the game and it fails to do so?

Yes please.

I didn't have Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt but I found everything else and attached them.

file.jpg

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    128,3 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    4,6 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    92 bytes · Views: 0
Reactions: