• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TricoJuan

Corporal
21 Badges
Apr 25, 2015
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Hi!

I reinstalled my DH steam copy with 1.5.1 patch but i cant get the game to start properly.

At first, it was just a endless black screen and a crash if a clicked it. Now after trying many fixes that i read here (activating Direct Play, no sprites, windowed, 16bit color, etc) the game starts minimized and i can't even maximize it.

Please, i thought that the new patches would fix win10 problems, what can i do to fix it? thanks in advance!

My specs:

MSI laptop
i7 6700hq
970m gtx
16 gb ram
1920x1080 resolution
blablabla

Hi!

I reinstalled my DH steam copy with 1.5.1 patch but i cant get the game to start properly.

At first, it was just a endless black screen and a crash if a clicked it. Now after trying many fixes that i read here (activating Direct Play, no sprites, windowed, 16bit color, etc) the game starts minimized and i can't even maximize it.

Please, i thought that the new patches would fix win10 problems, what can i do to fix it? thanks in advance!

My specs:

MSI laptop
i7 6700hq
970m gtx
16 gb ram
1920x1080 resolution
blablabla
The main issue with Win10 was not Win10 per sé, but new graphic driver dropping support to old components. That has been fixed long ago.

The only thing required to play under Win10, as I can assure you I've been doing for years, it to enable Direct Play as Legacy Component. Try making a new clean install and then enable Direct Play without other changes.

The only thing that looks suspicious in your setup is the resolution, as I've heard of issues with high resolution and the zoom function of Windows. If the above fails, try looking into this.

The main issue with Win10 was not Win10 per sé, but new graphic driver dropping support to old components. That has been fixed long ago.

The only thing required to play under Win10, as I can assure you I've been doing for years, it to enable Direct Play as Legacy Component. Try making a new clean install and then enable Direct Play without other changes.

The only thing that looks suspicious in your setup is the resolution, as I've heard of issues with high resolution and the zoom function of Windows. If the above fails, try looking into this.

I have Direct Play enabled and already done a reinstall. However, i'm doing it again. Didn't try the resolution thing, i'm gonna try that if re-installation doesnt work.

UPDATE: Neither reinstallation or changing resolution worked :(

It's so weird, i remember that i could play the game without any problem in 1.04.
I am pretty sure 1.05.1 didn't introduce any issue that might cause its not functioning on Win10.
However, since you're on Steam, you can try using 1.04. Find the game on your library, right click, Properties, Beta Tab, there you can select and go back to 1.04 (you'll have to do the same and choose NONE to go back to 1.05.1 instead).

I am pretty sure 1.05.1 didn't introduce any issue that might cause its not functioning on Win10.
However, since you're on Steam, you can try using 1.04. Find the game on your library, right click, Properties, Beta Tab, there you can select and go back to 1.04 (you'll have to do the same and choose NONE to go back to 1.05.1 instead).

Nope, that didn't work either :eek:

Thanks nevertheless