• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vandevere

From the Great State of Denial
11 Badges
Jun 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
All of a sudden, the Game won't load. I've done the Uninstall War Dance, and also rebooted my pc. Still won't load...

Now the game loads, but it won't let me use the better readable Fonts, so I can't read the in game text. Anything I can do to fix this?

Why can you not use that mod, what happens when you try to?

Can you use any other mod okay?

Have you tried adjusting the game text scaling in Documents/paradox/ck2/settings.txt ?

1: When I try to use the Mod, the game just closes to desktop.
2: Not sure if getting another Mod would help. Sort of afraid that one will make the game close too.
3: Never tried adjusting the game text scaling in Documents/paradox/ck2/settings.txt. So, sadly I'm not sure how to do that.

Also, I'm getting a new pc in less than a week. Hopefully a different pc will allow me to use the mod. Right now, reading CK2's font is pure torture. But my new pc will arrive on 7/31, so I should be able to hang on until then...

Last edited:
Now the game loads, but it won't let me use the better readable Fonts, so I can't read the in game text. Anything I can do to fix this?

That mod is outdated and incompatible.

Possible alternatives :

1)
or here with another bigger font variant https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mod-ckii-ui-font-mod.712799/page-2#post-18225248

2)

3)
PS: Someone made an updated variant of BRF and it works
(Delete the old mod before installing this)

Disclaimer. i'm just another forum member

Last edited:
I Subscribed to the New Better readable Fonts right off the link you gave me. Do I have to do anything else, or does the download happen automatically?

Now that I've Subscribed, how the hell do I download it? Where's the Download/Install Button?

The CK2 Mod for 3x worked, thank goodness. Now, I can read the game text. Thank you!

Now that I've Subscribed, how the hell do I download it? Where's the Download/Install Button?

Usually it should install the next time you start CK2 via Steam ( displayed at the bottom of the list in the Mod tab of the launcher),
depending on your Steam settings how to download stuff.
Then closing the launcher and opening it again should make it selectable in the Mod tab.

The CK2 Mod for 3x worked, thank goodness. Now, I can read the game text. Thank you!
Glad that this worked for you and that i could help. :cool: