• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's coming, don't you worry, but since the vast majority of the CKII team has moved over to CKIII it's taking longer than normal.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It's coming, don't you worry, but since the vast majority of the CKII team has moved over to CKIII it's taking longer than normal.
Hi, I understand completely why the update is taking so long and I am happy to wait. However, do you think you could please possibly give us an indication of when it will be available again? I really would appreciate it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just bought my brand new MacBook Pro, and I can't launch CK2, what's wrong Paradox?
Have you read the rest of the thread? This game has not yet been updated to work under Big Sur.

As a mac user, I'm very disappointed by Paradox. MacBigSur was released in July, they had MONTHs to prepare an update ! Still, they are doing nothing to solve this problem. It seems like Paradox don't give a sh*t about us.

Paradox should remember that mac users are CUSTOMERS and yes we exist.

I'm not going to buy CK3 because I know that one day paradox will also stop to make it work on mac as they did for CK2. We cannot trust this company.
And know what ? I'm not going to buy anymore any game from Paradox. I was a huge fan of EU4 and CK2 but stop.

Say good bye to my money

• 7Like
Reactions:
Alternately, as a user of Apple hardware, you accept that Apple is known to not care about backwards compatibility and keep that in mind when you update their OS.

Reactions:
If Paradox cares about the customer, then those who are unable to play CK2 should be given CK3 if they don’t already have it, atleast until CK2 can be fixed. Would save face in an otherwise disturbing display of product and customer retention.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Why would Paradox hurry to fix this? The longer this is down, the more likely people are to buy CK3.

So true. I don't think I'll be able to play CKIII my mac is the 2017 version with these specs:

processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Even if I can play it I probably won't because I'm afraid it could fry/ overheat my mac! hahah. So this sucks that I can't play Ck2.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
The public beta was released in July. On July 27th, someone posted to the Paradox forum and detailed what looks to be the same or similar error as OP. I'd link you to it, but Paradox flags as spam with the link included and doesn't allow me to post. This isn't new information.

A beta a is a beta and it wasn't mentioned . A generalisation one way or the other.

Anyway, i guess the issue is that Paradox has only one person on it and there wil be a reason why they need longer for the compability for
CK2 than for HoI4 for instance. What i want to say is, as other PDS games are compatible by now, as far as i know, it doesn't seem to be
intended and negligence that CK2 still isn't compatible , but rather a very CK2 specific issue.

Could Paradox communciate this ? Sure. Why don't they do that ? I don't know, maybe as they are simply nerds in the end and thus humans
who aren't perfect. Just a guess. Not an attempt to defend them, but a rational attempt to explain why the situation is as it is.
Seems plausible, but could be wrong.

Reactions:
A beta a is a beta and it wasn't mentioned . A generalisation one way or the other.

Anyway, i guess the issue is that Paradox has only one person on it and there wil be a reason why they need longer for the compability for
CK2 than for HoI4 for instance. What i want to say is, as other PDS games are compatible by now, as far as i know, it doesn't seem to be
intended and negligence that CK2 still isn't compatible , but rather a very CK2 specific issue.

Could Paradox communciate this ? Sure. Why don't they do that ? I don't know, maybe as they are simply nerds in the end and thus humans
who aren't perfect. Just a guess. Not an attempt to defend them, but a rational attempt to explain why the situation is as it is.
Seems plausible, but could be wrong.
Yeah, I think the point here is that you're even having to make a guess as to what the problem is after 7 months and why they don't communicate it better. Nerds? They could be from another planet for all I care. A quick search on the issue results in a bunch of Reddit and Paradox forum posts about this - they're being deliberately obtuse about the issue. I'm moving on from this company... I don't care enough, but anyone feeling particularly annoyed about purchasing a game and countless DLCs they've assigned a team of sloths to support (and you purchased within the last four years) should go ahead and google implied warranty of merchantability and/or warranty of fitness for purpose and contact the retailer ;) with any luck it: (1) might apply and (2) isn't excluded in the purchase agreement. Cheers!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have to say it's really disappointing that Paradox is ignoring this issue. I've been playing this game since 2014, and have spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours on this game. And I usually only play it for the game of thrones mod, which has no CK3 version yet.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I have to say it's really disappointing that Paradox is ignoring this issue...

They posted in this thread and said they are working on it.
Doesn't sound like "ignoring" to me, assuming they are honest...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Perhaps ignoring was the wrong word. Another poster in this thread said that it looks like a straightforward fix. I'm just surprised that this has been put on the back burner for so long.