• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alimat

Recruit
13 Badges
Nov 14, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
I updated my Mac to the new MacOS Big Sur (11.0.1) and now CK2 won't launch. This is the information from the problem report:

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=
DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/Users/alison/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib:/Users/alison/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/gameoverlayrenderer.dylib
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/alison/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS:/Users/alison/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II:/Users/alison/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II/bin:/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

Dyld Error Message:
dyld: No shared cache present
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
Referenced from: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/ck2.app/Contents/MacOS/ck2
Reason: image not found

Is there any way I can solve this?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm afraid this game has not yet been updated to work under MacOS 11, as there's been no major patch recently. I hope and expect it will be fixed in the next big patch, although I don't have a date for that yet.

Sorry about that!

Posting to echo same issue - not booting under MacOS 11.
...ironically, CK3 runs well with the new M1 MacBook Pro 16gb, go figure.

It has not, I am sorry! There has been no patch for this game since May, and no major one since October last year, so addressing an OS that's just been released has not been possible as yet.

It's being worked on. Unfortunately it's not the easiest of fixes which means it's taking longer than expected. It will be sorted, I just don't dare make any promise on when ><!

• 4Like
Reactions:
It's being worked on. Unfortunately it's not the easiest of fixes which means it's taking longer than expected. It will be sorted, I just don't dare make any promise on when ><!

Thanks for the update! I can still play on a Windows machine, but enjoy my M1 MacBook as well. Thanks, PDX! <3

Should we wait until 2021 or we can hope for the fix in 2020?
I have no specific info, but given the late date in the year it doesn't seem likely to be soon, I am sorry. PDX are now reluctant to release any patch just before they go on a break, after a few unfortunate cases in earlier years :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nothing I can share yet, I am sorry.

The Mac version of Victoria 2 is written and supported by Virtual Programming. We at Paradox have very little to do with it.
Please contact them at www.vpltd.com for this and all other support matters.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey I don't want to be a jerk but it has been two months. How is there no news? I accept that Mac users are not a priority and CK2 is supposedly obsolete in some people's opinion, but I paid a lot of money for this game over the years and I have spent a lot of time enjoying it. I don't expect it to be fixed tomorrow or anything but there has to at least be confirmation that someone at Paradox is actively working on it and has some kind of deadline. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me any kind of hope that I will someday get to play this game again without having to go out and buy a PC.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Remember that of that 2 months, one was lost in the yearly winter break in Sweden.

This problem will be fixed but we simply aren't ready to say when, I am sorry.

Is this problem something we should expect to be on the bottom rung of priorities, given CK3's recent launch and the fact that it only affects Mac players? I just want to know where to set my expectations, so if this turns into a fourth quarter 2022 fix I can come back then instead of coming back to check the support thread every other week. Thanks!

It will not be as long as 2022, I am sure. My guess would be Q1 this year.

You know that someone brought this error to the company's attention in July?
I'm going to echo the sentiment that Mac users have spent just as much money on this game as PC users and I think we are entitled to more than a guess on when this will be fixed. I feel like in these forums, users will just tell Mac users to deal with it, yet I'm not a technical person. I owned a Macbook before I owned a Paradox game. I purchased CK2 because it was available to purchase as a Mac game. Sounds like it is frustrating to optimize (or whatever word you want to use), but Paradox continues to market and sell games to Mac users, so I think more attention should be paid to these types of issues.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It's been months and still no fix... Quite mind boggling that the game is unplayable on an OS as popular as Mac. I've invested a lot of money in this game and now it simply doesn't work for months ? Insane.

• 10Like
Reactions: