• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(142288)

Corporal
6 Badges
May 21, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I just installed The Kings' Crusade, but I am unable to launch it. I receive the error message: "Cannot execute Launcher.exe. Probably Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable SP1 is not installed properly. Do you want to install now?"

After selecting yes, this is followed by the error message: "Cannot execute Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable SP1 launcher. Probably this is because you don't have administrator rights. Try installing it manually."

What should I do to fix this? Thank you!

Lightbulb temp fix

I have attached a file for those of you that want to at least finish the first campaign mission till (if?) Neocore fixes, however for me it caused some
graphical texture glitches on the walls of the city, not sure if anything else was effected I didn't notice.

Not guaranteed to work, but it did the trick for me where I could at least finish the first damn battle.

Both links below are for the same file, incase some of you have troubles.
link 1 http://rapidshare.com/files/424255718/Launcher.zip
link 2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P822E5U9

Please back up your original Launcher.exe before using this one, extract the zip file and place the Launcher.exe in,

:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Lionheart Kings Crusade

or

:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\lionheart - king's crusade

I am not sure what all the launcher controls in the game, so please beware of this before trying it. Like I said, It only gave me texture glitches on the
walls of the city in the first campaign mission. I also noticed I may have had slightly lower frames, but not really sure need more testing to see I have
been messing about with the video settings from game to game.

I have finally got the first mission out of the way, everything seems normal, I upgraded units, gave them special weapons/armor/potions, filled my ranks,
added anything I could, then I saved

Oh and one more thing I just thought of and I am about to try right now, use this temp fix on first mission so you can get past it and save, exit the game put
the old launcher back in the game directory, and try the game again see if it crashes on next mission. Will report back on my findings!

Last edited by eagleFMJ; 10-10-2010 at 19:48.

I did and running :)

Last edited:
How to get a refund

I am still unable to launch this game, and I don't understand how to fix it. Does anyone know how to contact technical support or obtain a refund? I bought the game from GamersGate. Should I contact them, or is there another forum where I can get Paradox technical support?

Thanks!