Game slows to a crawl within the first 100 years (Please help if you can)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wise Strategist

First Lieutenant
79 Badges
Aug 12, 2007
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
I'm running into a situation where for whatever reason my games start experiencing mid to late game slow within the first 100 hundreds of the game. The highest speed 3 reduced to speed 2 within the first 30-50 fifty years and and then become speed one by around years 60-70. Now its moving at a massive crawl and I'm not even within the second century yet.

The pop growth stats are default and many of the mods I use are ascetic, the biggest one being the dynamic interface mod and the planet diversity. The max stars are a 1000 with 18 starting empires.

Can someone please help me out because I really don't know what else to do.

Device: HP Omen 25 L
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
GPU: GForce RTX 3070

Is this just in one particular galaxy Or also in any new one you might start as a test?

Has it always happened for you, or it used to be okay up to some point?

Any mods involved?

Do CK2, EU4 and HOI4 work okay or also have this issue?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Thanks for responding

The mods I use are primarily aesthetic, such race dimorphism mods and custom ship sets. The biggest I have are the Dynamnic UI and the compadility mods need for the following two mods. The Plentiful Traditions 3.X and Planetary Diviersity and it sub mods adding unique, exotic, new gaia, shroud, and arcology world. I also have Guilli's technologies, and the Expanded Espionage and Diplomacy mod, as while the archaeology and precursor story pack mods. Beyond that I have a small personal mod that makes a small change to hyperplane generation to generate more distinct clusters. However, I'm sure how that would effect the game's over all performance.

Never the less I did a clean test play without any mods, and noticed a quiet a difference in performance. Without mods by the 2290s the game will run through a month in about 7 secs. While with mods by 2270s it takes about 12s to get through a month. Though I'm not certain which of the mods I have installed is having the biggest impact on the game's performance.

Here's the DxDiag log, if there is anything you can do to help or tips you can offer please do. Thanks for your aid regardless.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    96,1 KB · Views: 0
We can't help with modded games here I'm afraid. Is the unmodded performance acceptable to you?

I don't see any reason for a performance problem in that dxdiag, but ther's a newer nVidia driver so you may as well update to that https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

And unload GeForce Experience before starting the game.