• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EarthboundPapa

Corporal
Mar 9, 2023
discord.gg
Game is running at a much faster rate than it should (about 3x) and isn't returning to normal at this time. Before, I was able to restart and this would resolve the issue but it isn't working anymore. Was working fine after the 'Overlord' update yesterday 03/08/23 but is now stuck in overdrive. Are there other players experiencing this issue?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The game did not need to be reinstalled. There was not any issue, I simply didn't understand that you could adjust the game-speed manually. For Xbox Console Edition this is holding down the pause button, (defaulted left joystick.)

There are three different speeds, indicated by the three green, chevron-shaped arrows in the lower left corner.

Super happy with the new game-style Overlords brings on. Sort of wish the population menu didn't change visually but it still looks alright. Big circle in your face though, and so spacious. I preferred the more compact appearance. This game has quickly become my favorite, I can't wait to join multiplayer.

Last edited:
I’ve been seeing the game run inexplicably fast, too, although I haven’t calculated exactly by how much. Yes, the medium game speed that I usually run at with my PS5 seems to tick off the days slightly faster than before the last patch, which can be attributed to performance improvements ... but it’s not fast enough to explain how my fleets can suddenly zoom from one edge of a solar system to the opposite edge in less than ten seconds of real time at that game speed. Similarly, ship building is happening so fast that I can barely keep up with it, and when I check my spying progress, it seems to be ticking down at least two days until the next intel gain for each day that ticks on the game clock. Something feels very wrong with the speed of the game as a whole after this latest patch.

After a few more rounds with Stellaris I realized to keep the beginning of the game at the lowest speed.

At the moment when you notice the days are increasing less than 1 day game-time / 1 second real-time, switch to the next speed level. Then again for late game.

When you decide to change the game speed, it is also a good time to do a hard-reset on Stellaris. Save and exit, close game for a moment, restart. I'm not totally sure, but this seemingly removes excess lag that can exist in the game. You'll be able to more accurately judge if the speed adjustment is necessary, or not.

The link just below is about the idea that lag can be removed from the game by doing a hard-restart:

Last edited: