• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eon 5

Corporal
1 Badges
Apr 14, 2017
  • For The Glory
I have a windows 10 pc (surface pro 4) with a native resulution of 2736x1824.
But if I select in the game a resolution greater than about 1200x1024 the game screen seems to expand outside of the real screen to the right and below - it doesn't use/recognize the native res.
This means that e g buttons that is near the right or bottom edge of the game screen is not avalible/seen at the real screen.

How is that and how do I fix it?

When I run the game with resolution 1280x1024 it works ok. The problem arises when I try higher resolutions.

When you wrote "a Windows 10 PC" did you actually mean a personal computer (PC) or a tablet like this?
https://www.cnet.com/products/microsoft-surface-pro-4/

Did you already check what version of FtG you are running (e.g. 1.2, 1.3)?

According to these old threads
http://oldforum.paradoxplaza.com/fo...ame-question-in-regards-to-resolutions./page3
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...e-the-resolution-of-eu2.436468/#post-10271650
the lowest working limit for FtG is 800 X 600 and the highest 2400 in any direction.

The game takes the resolutions offered ingame from those that your Windows has drivers for.
So if your native resolution is not supported try using the largest available that keeps the same width to height ratio.

Last edited:
Yes, Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.

As I said 1280x1024 works. But when I try, e g, 1600x1200, which is within the limits, the problem occurs. It seems FtG doesn't work correctly with a screen bigger than 1280x1024. Note that when trying with 1600x1200 the cursor (the glove) dissappears when moving it to the right or bottom limits of the real screen, that is: FtG seems to work with a screen buffer bigger than the real screen. A bug?

As I said 1280x1024 works. But when I try, e g, 1600x1200, which is within the limits, the problem occurs. It seems FtG doesn't work correctly with a screen bigger than 1280x1024. Note that when trying with 1600x1200 the cursor (the glove) dissappears when moving it to the right or bottom limits of the real screen, that is: FtG seems to work with a screen buffer bigger than the real screen. A bug?

Did you check the version of your game? 1.2 or 1.3?

Did you already try to change between running the game "fullscreen" or "windowed"?

How does the content of your "settings.txt" file look?
e.g. mine:
Code:
moddebug = yes
runbackground = no
gui = {
   language = "l_English"
}
graphics = {
   size = {
       x = 1280
       y = 1024
   }
   fullscreen = yes
}
music = yes
lastmod = {
   dir = ""
   style = {
       shields = "Glory"
       font = "glory"
       interface = "Glory"
       colorscales = "glory"
   }
}

The version is 1.2. I can't run in windowed mode, as there is no 16-bit alternative in the windows screen settings (all is "32-bit").
My settings file:

moddebug = no
runbackground = no
gui = {
language = "l_english"
}
graphics = {
size = {
x = 1280
y = 1024
}
fullscreen = yes
}
music = yes
lastmod = {
dir = "MyMAP"
style = {
shields = "enhanced"
font = "modern"
interface = "glory"
colorscales = "glory"
}
}

Last edited:
The maximum display size is 2400x2400. The interface is not designed for anything higher, as all the controls would be extremely small.

Yes. But it could work with, say, 1600x1200 I think.
My apologies; for some reason the forum had only showed me the first three posts in this thread.

FTG works correctly in Windows 10 at up to 1920x1440 on my test monitor, whose native resolution is 2560x1440. So I think there is something else going wrong here. It may possibly be related to the fact that Surface Pro 4 uses a 3:2 aspect ratio.

Maybe. But the resolutions that FtG offers in the setttings is of very different aspect ratios which implies that FtG can handle aspect accomodations in regard to the physical screen. In EU2 this results in e g the result on the visible screen is somewhat "squeezed" in regard to the width if the aspect ratio is low.
It may be that there is some hardcoded limits in the code for the graphic handling as the native resolution of 2736x1824 for Surface Pro 4 didn't exist when FtG was released. Note also that this resolution is "wider" that what I'm using for the moment, 1280x1024.
(When I try with e g 1920x1200 the problem appears with heavily "cut off" screen to the right and bottom, much more that you would think w r t that the aspect ration is very close to the aspect ratio in native resolution: 1.5.)