Game profiles (See thread to understand)

Game profiles (See thread to understand)

• We will be taking the forums down for scheduled maintenance on Thursday, February 25th 2021 At approximately 4PM CST / Friday, February 26th 2021 Midnight UTC. This downtime is estimated to last up to 2 hours.
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Mennoplays

Recruit
Dec 27, 2020
Hello cities: skylines gamers! I have something that I would like to suggest.

Game profiles simply mean that you can create profiles through the settings menu, which allows you to use different mods/savegames per profile.

People (Like me) are having different ideas to make something in cities: skylines. Sometimes they want to play it very realistic, other times they want to play it with unlimited money etc. This would be easily possible with game profiles. You can easily enable it by going to the setting menu, and then you can press on Game Profiles. You will first see a setting to enable and disable it. If you enable it, you will get the option to create profiles, rename profiles, delete profiles or to select profiles. If someone switch from profile, they will only see the savegames which are saved on that profile, and mods ofc. If you disable this option, all mods/savesgames/everything else will be added to a normal game, like how it is now. If you download a mod from the workshop, it will be downloaded to the currently selected profile.

Greetings,
Mennoplays

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:

guguizg

Private
Dec 30, 2020
Hey dude! I see what you mean, thats very cool, messing around with mods can leave it very unorganized. I just want to suggest tho that instead of different profiles, they could add inside the content manager a preset tool, in which u can create presets that have different mods on or off. Maybe even creating the possibility to have "modpacks" so mod creators can make a preset with certain mods on for a particular experience. For instance: Traffic Modpack: TMPE, road anarchy and Move it.