• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amroth

Grand High Magister Apocrypha of Stuff.
76 Badges
Jun 5, 2009
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
does anyone else think that a fully changed up map useing Westeros to show the war of the five kings wich would then get even worse as more characters break off change sides and also set up claims to eventually not take the title of shogun but to make the person in charge of the sept crown you as the king of westeros on the iron throne?
would like to know what people think of this?
thankyou

in the CK2 thread on the same subject someone ported their EU3 map across and suggested using Sengoku as a base to start work on the CK2 mod. So if you or others want to do the extra work of turning that into an actual Sengoku Mod itd be a good place to start

As Sengoku is about a civil war it might actually be a better base for this than CK...

maybe for the limited five kings civil war scenario, but CK2 would be better for the long-game, the scenarios starting before the rebellion and averting it, playing a minor house and sitting it out, invading from the east or for ruling once having won. maybe a sengoku mod for the houses scrabbling with a converter to the CK2 mod for continuing once the dust has settled.

well i was thinking about it as more for the war itself because of the way it shifted so much and the way the character base works in sengoku is much more combat orientated then ck2 will be
but as soon as an ice and fire mod is for ck2 ill jump on it so hard ill bruise
take the north for example as soon as robb was dead it became a free for all as there was no real central controller without a strong stark its alot like when the leader of uesegi dies and the middle of the map splits into a zillion bits

but itll be ages till theres a CK2 mod cos itll be ages till theres a CK2 to mod, but a sengoku mod could happen like next week if someone was really dedicated and keen and good at drawing face graphics cos itd be weird if they were all japanese

too be honest i love the idea but ive got no idea where to start ive modded things but nothing on this level especially since id also need to remake the whole map

well i could probably help out with the map, been messing around with some of the files the past couple days, and i have a very basic rough draft going
westeruko.jpg

right now i'm trying to get some characters in, to see if i can get it to load in game, the main loading screen shows the map no problem but none of the provinces have an owner so i can't start a game. i'll keep you posted.

if you can get a group together to work on this i'd be more than happy to help when and where i can, don't have a whole lot of time these days, and might not be able to do that much, but let me know

thats awesome! theres a japan shadow?
would the CK or EU:Rome character culture graphics work? if copy and pasted and resized? or would you need new especially made for this game ones? or would it break the rules to try?

heheh yea about the shadow, finally found the file that was making it.
got it now so i can select a character and load the game, having some trouble assigning lands tho, kinda just patched this together

sengoku33.jpg

as far as using stuff from CK and EU, i would have no idea, this is the first paradox game that i've messed around with like this

Oh crap, I really should have taken a look at this subforum before. I have already made a Westeros map which works fine on Sengoku (spoilered because of size):

SengokuASOIAF1.png

SengokuASOIAF2.png

SengokuASOIAF3.png

I just need to make a few adjustments and add some provinces. If any of you guys are really interested in making a Westeros mod for Sengoku you have my full support, even if I personally think it would be better to wait for CK2 (as it should be much better suited to the ASOIAF world). Now I feel bad about not having said this before in this thread and making 5000 do all this work when I had already done it before...

oh snap
dood don't feel bad, that map is sick, and to get my map to the point where yours is at would have taken a ton of time
and the time i spent wasn't really wasted as i learned alot about modding things in the game, i figured out how to make my own provinces and properly assign them to ppl, which was kinda hanging me up on the map i was working on

what were your plans for your map, and what else have you done if anything, ie started adding the lords and assigning titles and that kind of thing?

as far as doing this for sengoku, someone else mentioned this before but i think the civil war structure of the game would work really well with the war of the five kings, and every one trying to attain the iron throne(shogunate)

also is CK2 really due for a feburary of next year release? i just checked the website and thats what its saying, i thought it was gonna be late next year like november, shiiiiiit i might just wait then. but if ppl are still interested in doing something for sengoku, i'm down to help where i can

oh snap
dood don't feel bad, that map is sick, and to get my map to the point where yours is at would have taken a ton of time
and the time i spent wasn't really wasted as i learned alot about modding things in the game, i figured out how to make my own provinces and properly assign them to ppl, which was kinda hanging me up on the map i was working on

what were your plans for your map, and what else have you done if anything, ie started adding the lords and assigning titles and that kind of thing?
I plan to add more provinces to merge it with the map from Grell's CK mod, improve the textures and fix a few graphical glitches here and there. I haven't done anything else in Sengoku apart from the map, I'm just waiting for CK2 before assigning rulers and the like (I don't have any guarantee that CK2 will use the same system in Sengoku, so I might find all my work wasted by the time it comes out). But there could be a few things from my EU3 mod that could be reused; all houses' flags are done and the initial setup is mostly defined in there too.

as far as doing this for sengoku, someone else mentioned this before but i think the civil war structure of the game would work really well with the war of the five kings, and every one trying to attain the iron throne(shogunate)

also is CK2 really due for a feburary of next year release? i just checked the website and thats what its saying, i thought it was gonna be late next year like november, shiiiiiit i might just wait then. but if ppl are still interested in doing something for sengoku, i'm down to help where i can
It's supposed to come out February 7th, yes.

Oh crap, I really should have taken a look at this subforum before. I have already made a Westeros map which works fine on Sengoku (spoilered because of size):

SengokuASOIAF1.png

SengokuASOIAF2.png

SengokuASOIAF3.png

I just need to make a few adjustments and add some provinces. If any of you guys are really interested in making a Westeros mod for Sengoku you have my full support, even if I personally think it would be better to wait for CK2 (as it should be much better suited to the ASOIAF world). Now I feel bad about not having said this before in this thread and making 5000 do all this work when I had already done it before...

hey mate any chance you could post that map it looks amazing