• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another quick question Yabba. One some of the goals you list a provinces name (Barbados, Dadra, Goa etc). I take it we must own these provinces?

Another quick question Yabba. One some of the goals you list a provinces name (Barbados, Dadra, Goa etc). I take it we must own these provinces?

Yep, they're goals.

Barbados is empty at game start, and i think almost within reach.

York should get a +3 bonus, as it is much more difficult to do!

+3 definitely feels more meaty.

OK. Thinking... very... very... slowly.

Last edited:
Will first, second and third place only be decided between york players? Because otherwise i am not even trying york, the 3 points for being first are impossible to achieve as York. I made some slight progress with york after 20 years, while i have united the whole british islands as England after 5.

Will first, second and third place only be decided between york players? Because otherwise i am not even trying york, the 3 points for being first are impossible to achieve as York. I made some slight progress with york after 20 years, while i have united the whole british islands as England after 5.

Please go with whichever one appeals to you the most, and we'll tweak the scoring system as we go along.

If there are lots of submissions, then both can be graded in separate categories, if not, york's bonus points will be tweaked to better reflect that choosing York puts you back at the very least 2 or three decades.

I quite like the idea of bumping their bonus to +3.

I think we could also consider giving them a bonus time handicap. So say if 1600 is the year tha England can complete the challenges, but the earliest for york is 1620, then the time aspect needs to be properly tweaked to represent that.

So it'd be really good to know how people are getting on with their England and York campaigns, with screenies if poss!

EU3_60.png

Heh played a little bit with york finished eating england at 1552 and thought to stay as York but for calais decision you need to be england ;(

Btw nice little tweak to ming....

Heh played a little bit with york finished eating england at 1552 and thought to stay as York but for calais decision you need to be england ;(

Btw nice little tweak to ming....

Bugger. I forgot that York can't pass that decision. It would have been nice to see the Empire coloured mint green for once.

Feel free to load an earlier save as York and continue playing, I'll remove that requirement for york from page 1.

I didn't want to force anybody to do any of the union stuff.

Tweak?

I bet you sneak a peek at your christmas presents before christmas day as well don't you! :rolleyes: Thanks!

I'm thinking the time bonus sounds like a better option. Otherwise, if you pick England, you can never be in the 1st/2nd/3rd place positions if a York player completes all of the objectives. So I'm assuming that if we give York a time extension, they would also get the same bonus as a time reduction for tie breaking purposes?

That sounds confusing so let me illustrate with an example. If we give York players 20 extra years to complete the missions, would York players final time be subtracted by 20 years? If a York player won in say 1600 and an England player won in 1600, the York player ought to win that :)

Anyway just some thoughts. I'm still at work and the day is passsing soooo slowly. Darn you Yabba! (ty for letting me play this over the 3 day weekend next week :) ).

I'm thinking the time bonus sounds like a better option. Otherwise, if you pick England, you can never be in the 1st/2nd/3rd place positions if a York player completes all of the objectives. So I'm assuming that if we give York a time extension, they would also get the same bonus as a time reduction for tie breaking purposes?

That sounds confusing so let me illustrate with an example. If we give York players 20 extra years to complete the missions, would York players final time be subtracted by 20 years? If a York player won in say 1600 and an England player won in 1600, the York player ought to win that :)

Possibly something along those lines.

However, I think it still needs more thought. As the bonus challenges are designed to be harder the earlier you do them. Gives the speed requirement an extra little kick. :)

Anyway just some thoughts. I'm still at work and the day is passsing soooo slowly. Darn you Yabba! (ty for letting me play this over the 3 day weekend next week ).

Glad to be at your dis-service. :rolleyes:

Bugger. I forgot that York can't pass that decision. It would have been nice to see the Empire coloured mint green for once.

Feel free to load an earlier save as York and continue playing, I'll remove that requirement for york from page 1.

I didn't want to force anybody to do any of the union stuff.

Tweak?

I bet you sneak a peek at your christmas presents before christmas day as well don't you! :rolleyes: Thanks!

It was not a sneak peak, was just thinking about invading china and thinking about looking how much far ahead i am in tech :D then noticed this funny green colour in tech map in asia :p

If you play as York, do you have to stay as them for the whole game or are you allowed to form Great Britain?

Your choice.

Feel free to do York-England-GB, or stay as York.

I would ask that you take a screenshot each time you 'upgrade' your country, so we can see your progression, and also that when it comes to scoring nobody gets confused as to which country everybody started as.

In fact, in might be helpful if when posting screenies, your post title is something like Hiram's York game, even after you've switched.

My first day of playing is complete. Went with England to try for everything but the York point.

Insta-dowed 2 Irish minors and annexed them.

2013-05-20_00003.jpg

Went after the other 2 during year 2. My diplomats where having trouble keeping up with my wars and peace treaties until I annexed Scotland and York a few years in. I started colonizing the Caribbean and the thirteen colonies until France declared war for Calais.

2013-05-20_00009.jpg

Blockading and a few Naval wins helped get France to a place where they would accept peace. My ally Portugal had a small army in Navarra which pulled France entire army to the south. I sneaked in and quickly sieged Calais and 2 other provinces before France had time to react.

The peace deal isn't the one I accepted. I waited a few days to win the naval battle and it was enough to claim both Picardie and Caux.

My first day of playing is complete. Went with England to try for everything but the York point.

Insta-dowed 2 Irish minors and annexed them.

View attachment 80900

Went after the other 2 during year 2. My diplomats where having trouble keeping up with my wars and peace treaties until I annexed Scotland and York a few years in. I started colonizing the Caribbean and the thirteen colonies until France declared war for Calais.

View attachment 80899

Blockading and a few Naval wins helped get France to a place where they would accept peace. My ally Portugal had a small army in Navarra which pulled France entire army to the south. I sneaked in and quickly sieged Calais and 2 other provinces before France had time to react.

The peace deal isn't the one I accepted. I waited a few days to win the naval battle and it was enough to claim both Picardie and Caux.

Great!

Only Normandy to go!

Good that you attacked them early. As they need to be cored by game end. It's Henry's rightful claim to the most English Duchy of Normandy!

Hiram's York Game I

HMAug1510.png
I think I'll give this a try..

I'm one year in. As you can see, I've adopted the Statute, have built an army to the maximum of my force limits and building a four transport fleet. I'm quite happy with my three starting NIs of military drill, national trade policy and church attendance duty and won't be touching them anytime soon. I've also made a slider move towards free trade. I'm also just one magistrate away from the always wonderful standardize scales, weights and measure province decision. York also starts as an absolute monarchy which is one of the best governments in the game. I can use the imperialism CB to take out a OPM which would remove the threat of Scotland or England wiping me out in a single war.
Which brings me to the bad news: adopting the statute caused a serious relations hit with England and Scotland. I have royal marriages with both of them, but that only does so much to keep a small country free of a much stronger neighbour. The Protestant reformation has aslo triggered but converting would anger them further.
For now, the plan is to send out merchants and maybe annex a OPM out there. We shall see...

Also, does the forum software not like screenshots uploaded with imgur?

Last edited:
In terms of placing, I think it has to be based on points first, time second. If a person has gotten all 8 points, their rank should be higher than anyone who got less than the total 8 no matter what the time is.

If it's possible I'd like to try my hand at this as well.

Sure, everyone's welcome!

Hiram's York Game I

Great start. And thank you for that rich and detailed description of your exploits!

Also, does the forum software not like screenshots uploaded with imgur?

I use imgur

In terms of placing, I think it has to be based on points first, time second. If a person has gotten all 8 points, their rank should be higher than anyone who got less than the total 8 no matter what the time is.

Of course. I'm just wondering if I've got the nature of the york bonus right. My brain's turned to mush, so I think a wait and see for a bit longer is the best strategy.

Last edited: