• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So are you going to update the top post?

Also, is it okay if the screenshots are more like every 15 years apart because I keep forgetting to take screenshots while I'm playing?

It should all be updated already and that's not ideal but... fine.

Sure. As long as you write a short intro on what you did those first couple of years.

It's alright anyway, I got stack-wiped, carpet-sieged, and I started over. Going pretty good so far.

Well imo, req for map spread is quite useless, since you will have to discover provinces yourself anyway. And i think agressivenes should be on low - it makes AI less suicidal(AI plays bit better when agressiveness is lower, and much worse if it is high - on high agressiveness AI is total berserk, and kills itself, it was proven by those who played on high agressiveness), and empires more stable, but mostly i think this should be up to the player.

Huh, i think i will not make this quest, cause it is annoying and i realy hate colonization game...

EDIT: Peacing out spain is easy, i even got alliance with france, luckily, so if they would dow me, i would have ally to help. But spain got realy massive armies... and is richest country... just impossible to beat it, without defeating it on continent.

Last edited:
Huh, i think i will not make this quest, cause it is annoying and i realy hate colonization game...

You can use colonists if you want, but most territory can be conquered.

Spain has a massive Achilles Heel.

Last edited:
You can use colonists if you want, but most territory can be conquered.

Spain has a massive Achilles Heel.

Is it their massive colonial empire, tendency to station way to many troops in the colonies, habit of fighting drawn out unnecessary wars, and utterly retarded AI?

So this is basically like the GotM on the civfanatics forums...

I will definitely partake, but one suggestion. For the next GotM's the Challenge shouldn't be decided by one person alone, but by some more persons. I guess now it's okay, but in the beginning i think the missions (especially the bonus ones) were rather strange. So maybe post a thread in before where people can discuss what challenge is next (poll maybe) and adjust it, so it is a nice challenge, but still fun. Primary objectives should be possible to achieve by most players (well not most, but still like at least 50% of the forum members, second objectives should be harder (maybe 25%) and the bonus objectives should be hardcore (maybe like 5% or less)

And about first, second and third to finish: you wrote that it will be decided by who has done the most goals and who has the most money.
How exactly will the goals be weighed with the money? And second: i think money is a bit stupid, because most people will just mint for the last years, so they are basically wrecking their country, just to get alot of money. i think it should be decided somehow else. I say it could be done, by whos finished in the earliest year, but i think there will be a problem, because the first goal is way earlier to achieve then the last one.

I did what looked interesting.

Idk about the rest. Doesn't look especially fun.

So this is basically like the GotM on the civfanatics forums...

I will definitely partake, but one suggestion. For the next GotM's the Challenge shouldn't be decided by one person alone, but by some more persons. I guess now it's okay, but in the beginning i think the missions (especially the bonus ones) were rather strange. So maybe post a thread in before where people can discuss what challenge is next (poll maybe) and adjust it, so it is a nice challenge, but still fun. Primary objectives should be possible to achieve by most players (well not most, but still like at least 50% of the forum members, second objectives should be harder (maybe 25%) and the bonus objectives should be hardcore (maybe like 5% or less)

And about first, second and third to finish: you wrote that it will be decided by who has done the most goals and who has the most money.
How exactly will the goals be weighed with the money? And second: i think money is a bit stupid, because most people will just mint for the last years, so they are basically wrecking their country, just to get alot of money. i think it should be decided somehow else. I say it could be done, by whos finished in the earliest year, but i think there will be a problem, because the first goal is way earlier to achieve then the last one.

I'm really glad you like the idea. I hope that it'll grow to be a regular fixture. When the idea was discussed on a different thread, I'd said that I didn't want to do it alone, partly because my real life work load is very lumpy, but also, it can be hard to calibrate a game properly.

This particular scenario seems to have been much more challenging than I anticipated, this is great news because it means that I'm a better player than I thought!

The goal of this civstyle GoTM is that each challenge can be completed by novices, adepts and pros alike. I would put my ability at somewhere between adept and pro. This means that it's really useful to get more feedback from all three levels.

What would be great would be:

another couple of guys who will help devise this on a monthly basis
everyone who can to take this challenge and give as much feedback as possible

Civ GoTM has different savefiles for each difficulty level, for now that doesn't make sense, but you can see that the bonus requirement to convert to iconoclasm is specifically designed to put good players on the back foot compared to less strong players.

So, again, if everybody could take the challenge, lets get some feedback! And please criticise my challenge setting abilities as much as you like, because that way we can make next month's closer to perfect.

Although some praise would be good too!

The money requirement was picked because NED is a classic trading nation. I'm sure there are better goals, but when I chose this one yesterday afternoon it seemed as good a goal as any, although obviously quite open to 'money farming.'

The money requirement was picked because NED is a classic trading nation. I'm sure there are better goals, but when I chose this one yesterday afternoon it seemed as good a goal as any, although obviously quite open to 'money farming.'

Not exactly hard to make money when you're getting war subsidies from France, Venice, Austria and England. :p

Wait, wait, wait. You actually had a game where Austria wasn't fighting you too?

Whatever. It's not that hard making it past the first war with Spain, but after that you really gotta go hard for those objectives.

Wait, wait, wait. You actually had a game where Austria wasn't fighting you too?

Whatever. It's not that hard making it past the first war with Spain, but after that you really gotta go hard for those objectives.

I allied with Switzerland and gave Austria two of their provinces for peace, then they started giving me war subsidies. I guessed they liked my generosity :p Then Spain allied France and I shat myself, but when I went to take a screenshot for you guys then the alliance had dissolved. Only lasted two years.

Obviously those goals are not impossible. But they are hard, annoying and some of them boring(IE manhattan...)

There's a reason for that:
DutchEmpire15.png

Would everybody say that on average they hate the colonization aspect of the game?

No, after warfare it is my second favorite aspect of the game. What i don't like for example is trade.

And it's not like you would need to colonize the whole of NA, but just some provinces. That is not to hard and wont take to much time.

Apart from the Venice and Genoa conditions i think it's a pretty good challenge.
I see the reasoning behind this, the netherlands want to control the trade etc. but Genoa and Venice weren't really important for world trade in after 1600 anymore, because of the discovery of the new world and the routes to india.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve respect for actually working this out, this is just constructive critisism. I would like the challenges to be "sane", not something like "conquer all gold producing provinces in the world", but rather something where the missions make sense: Basically like this netherlands challenge, where everything is aimed at getting trade posts around the world, dominate trade and defend against spain.