• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KaRei

Lt. General
14 Badges
Dec 27, 2005
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders
Game of the destiny​

Please, be patient with my bad english, I’m not from english speaking country, but I hope that you’ll understand my words well.
Follow an unknown knight you've met on a street and get into Bohemia, 1419. See which obstacles can your destiny put in your way if it is playing with you. Story about hussites based on historical informations, my imagination and Eu2 GC.
Now we begins.​

Prague – 9th April 2005

Peter is a young man studying on the University. He is 20. Exams are comming and he is, as always in the comming evening, in the university‘s library. Looking in the book, with asleeped eyes, head in his hands he is reading a part of the „Circuit theory“. Lines in the schemes are merging and splitting as he is so tired.

The librarian knew him well: „Peter, it’s time to go. I must close the library. Come again tomorrow.“
„Yeh,“ was his only answer. He took his things and closed the books. When he was putting the books back into the shelves the librarian asked him: „And what about the novel you’re writing? Did you advance?“
„Not too much. I haven’t enough time. I don’t know if I’ll finish it at all.“
„Keep your work. It’s good. I’ve read the part you lent me and I’m interesting in its continue.“
„Thanks, I’ll lend you something more next week.“

Peter‘s way home led through several side lanes. He didn’t met any person there, but when he turned to the last lane, he met a group of curiously dressed men. They blocked his way and hemed about him.

„What you want?“ asked Peter without any fear.
„Not too much,“ said the first man.
„Only your life!“ said the second with a sneer and took out an old dagger.
Peter put his hand on his shoulder and with one quick move he jerked off his bag. It whizzed past afloat and kicked out the dagger from the attacker’s hand.

„He’s running away!!!“ shouted out somebody and the groupuscule started up after fugitiving Peter.
He was running what his forces sufficed him but the men was still only few steps behind him.
„You’ll not elope from us!“ exclaimed the pursuers.
„We’ll see,“ he though of.
On the next cross-road he turned hardly to the right. There is a main street. He will surely find there a … a hit into his head. Peter fell down. What did happen? And who are those men? One of them stood on his back to not allow him to stand up. Peter looked closely on the clothing of the men. They had high old leather boots, flaxen blouses and leather jerkins, with rough belts over it stapled by large buckles. On the belts of two men hung scabbard. Now one of them drew a sword from it. A sword! In the 21st century! He raised it above his head and prepared himself to cut Peter’s head off like a medieval executioner.

next ->​

Last edited:
Oh, sorry. I forgot to write it :eek:o
It's an AAR of Eu2 GC as Bohemia, packed into a story with fantasy beginning. I didn't have enough time to write all of the beginning, maybe tomorrow I'll reveal more. Be patient in the waiting for continue. ;)

KaRei said:
Oh, sorry. I forgot to write it :eek:o
It's an AAR of Eu2 GC as Bohemia, packed into a story with fantasy beginning. I didn't have enough time to write all of the beginning, maybe tomorrow I'll reveal more. Be patient in the waiting for continue. ;)
Hmm....I suspected something like that, and the main character will be transported back in time...

Game of the destiny​

<- previous

Peter was looking on the sword’s blade. He didn’t understand anything. Why they want to kill him? And why by the sword? And what their clothing means? The blade glanced on its way to his neck. „The end is comming,“ Peter though. Suddenly the man stopped his move. He went bug-eyed and then he slowly toppled on his hip. His sword only clanked when it had fell on the pavement. The others was looking around what is happening. The dead man had a dagger jabbed in his back.

„Where are you?“ shouted one of the remaining men.
„Here I am!“ was the answer and a man got off the shadow of the house-entrance.
„Aah, Jan z Jenštejna. You are still alive?“
„As you see …“
„Go away, or your life will have not too long continue.“
„Heh,“ tittered Jan, „and can you tell me how you want to do it?“
„You’ll see soon!“ strained through his teeth the men standing above Peter and with fetched sword out he rushed at Jan.

Jan stood calmly until the man get to him on the length of horse. His sword flew through the air and clashed with the other. Jan made a side step and the running man stumbled of his leg. Then his ass was endowed by a kick, so the man fell into a concrete flower-pot. Jan whistled on his fingers. On this signal a horse galloped from the other side of the street and immediately started to scatter the group of enemies around Peter. They, armed only with knives, after several unsuccessful attempts to catch the animal and several scars took leg-bail. Jan was laughing at that comedy. Then he went to his horse and Peter.

Man in the flower-pot only said: „We will meet again, but then one of us will die.“
Jan turned towards him: „Sure. I'll be prepared.“ Then he looked at Peter: „We must go.“
„We?“ asked Peter confusedly.
„Yes, you aren't safe here. They will try it again.“
Peter was still confused and in a shock so he got on the horse with Jan's help and rode with him away.
„Who are that people?“ he asked on the way.
„Vilém z Chebu and his soldiers.“
„Soldiers?“
„Yes. I see that you don't understand anything what is happening now. You'll understand soon.“

When they was far enough. Peter asked Jan to let him go.
„Where you want to go? To home? They'll find you.“
Then Jan took a small bottle with blue liquid inside and threw it on the ground in front of the horse. Bottle crashed and light blue smoke began rising from the liquid.
„I must go,“ said Jan, „and you must choose if you'll stay here and risk your life or go with me. Here you haven't any chance to survive. I'm offering you a chance to fight for your life. Decide now. What is your choice?“
„Why they exactly want to kill me?“
„You are very dangerous for them. The'll risk a lot if the'll keep you alive.“
„I think that this is only a big theatre. Somewhere here is a hidden camera, am I right? It's only a big joke. Heh? I'm going home! You have a great costume, but ... I don't believe you.“
When was Peter down, Jan said: „You think that this is a theatre? I'll not dissuading you from staying here. Now I'll go. If you want to go with me, follow me.“
After this words he entered with his horse into the smoke. And then .. he disappeared. Peter was looking on it with amazement. The smoke was weaker and weaker. At the end, Peter entered the smoke too. He was too curious. What will happen? Nothing. It was only a cheap trick. He made a step out of the smoke.

But wait. He isn't in Prague now! He is on a dirt road in the middle of fields.
„I though that you will not come,“ he caught a known voice. It was Jan. He lay on the grass below a tree and his horse stood nearby.
„I didn't want, but ... something happend and I ...“
„Stop explaining. You are here now. And this cann't be changed until we reach our camp.“ said Jan and stood up.
„But I want to return.“
„As I said, you cann't until we reach our camp.“
„That's fantastic.“ said Peter angry and sat down under the tree.
Jan didn't say anything. He expected his mood. He lay down again, chewing a stalk of grass.
„Where we actually are?“ asked Peter after a while of silence.
„Do you see that city?“ Jan pointed towards north.
„Of course.“
„That's Prague.“
„What?“ shouted Peter surprisely.
The city was surrounded by stone walls, from chimneys was rising a smoke, towers was drowning and Peter had a feeling that flags hung above them. And across Vltava led only one bridge - Charles Bridge. It was absolutely different view than on the 21st century mentropolis as Peter knew it.
„No, this cann't be true. This isn't Prague. It cann't be,“ Peter refused.
„It is. Prague, year of grace 1419.“ said Jan festively.
„1419? Are you kidding?“
„Believe me. In my life isn't much place for jokes. And before you load me with a heap of your questions, I know almost nothing about the reason of your presence here.“
„But you've told me that I'm dangerous for that people. So you must know something about it, don't you?“
„I had only instructions from the commander to find you and bring you to him. Nothing more. You will get to know everything in the camp.“ answered Jan and looked through the tree's crown onto the sky.

Praha21419.jpg

Almost after half an hour a fat man sitting on a horse arrived. He brought also horse for Peter.
Jan introduced each other and then he asked Peter: „Did you ever ride a horse?“
„No I didn't.“
The fat man, introduced as Jakub, chunckled but Jan answered with ease: „It doesn't matter. You'll learn it on our way. We'll ride to Tábor.“

next ->​

Last edited:
I've found a little historical information now. I randomly created the name Jan z Jenštejna. Now I've found that person with this name really lived in the beginning of 15th century. He was arcbishop. :p

For those that know a bit about hussite history and Bohemia in the 15th century: in this story isn't this person an arcbishop if you were confused with his appearence. :D

What will Peter do in Tábor? And why he is actually in 1419? Why must Jan bring him to his commander? Next piece of the story will reveal more.

Game of the destiny​

<- previous

South of Bohemia - 10th April 1419

On their way, after Peter had fell down from his horse several times, Jakub and Jan initiated him into situation in Bohemia.

„Václav IV is first-borned son of Karel IV, gone czech king and german emperor. He isn't bad, but he is too indecisive. Thanks his father he was crowned as german king, but he didn't became an emperor. His indecisive drove him into many conflicts with high nobility and they dethrone him from german throne at the end.“
„Villainous Germans,“ threw in Jan.
„Eh?“ Peter turned towards Jakub.
„It's hard time now. Especially when Václav is unable to decide himself in a task of Hussitism. When Jan Hus was burned in Constance, a wave of his teaching walked through Bohemia and many people also turned against Germans. Zikmund, Holy Roman emperor, and german nobility are pushing on Václav continually to pursue Hussites as heretics.“
„And the czech nobility?“ asked Peter.
„Sadly, they aren't united in their opinions. High nobility are catholics and they are looking on us as on heretics. Some of low nobles, as Jan, are for Hussites.“
„And Vilém z Chebu is one of the Zikmund's supporters.“ said Jan.
„You've met him?“ asked Jakub with surprise.
„Yes, we did.“
Peter was little bit confused: „I have a question, Jan. Why didn't you kill him when you had an opportunity?“
„Vilém is from high nobility. He has huge power on the west. And, as a key supporter of Zikmund in Bohemia, his dead would mean an open war with Roman Empire.“

The sun was already softly touching the horizon when several thatched roofs surfaced in front of the riders. A little village was situated between Vltava on the west and dense wood on the east. Below the wood was extending a hillside flowered by tiny flowerets, alighted by latching sun and warmed-through by its afternoon strength. From Vltava two men was comming carrying all-day draught of fish. As soon as they had glanced three horsemen arriving to the village from Prague, they pawed them on greetings. Jan and Jakub exchange it. Peter was looking around in the meanwhile. Buildings in the village were mostly clay, constructed with haste, rendered with some sort of plaster and with roof of straw. Some of the houses were wooden with shingle roof and several were combining both styles together.

On the village green almost whole village gathered around the riders. They stood around them in a circle and as if they feared to come near.
„Welcome to Tábor,“ said Jan to Peter when he dismounted.
Tábor. Peter expected something more than only poor hamlet. This should be that famous Hussite city? However he didn't dare to say anything.
„Now you'll show yourself to our master. After that you'll have a rest,“ said Jan and made towards one of the houses.
Whilst Jan and Jakub had to squeeze one's way through the crowd, people was standing apart to the wide alley in face of Peter. He felt their sights how they were surveying him attentively, some sidelong, others with awe. His clothing was exuding some fear in them. As a matter of fact not as his clothing like rumours about him.

When he entered the house-place, he spotted a sturdy man sitting behind a table. Jan stood next to him. This must be certainly their master. The man raised his head and an astonishment flashed in Peters eyes. The man had thick moustache, pretty untidy hairs, forehead furrowy by worriment and weather-beaten faces. His eyes looked rigidly but wisely and rightly. The crepe roped over his eye was saying everything. Peter faced Jan Žižka himself.

JanZizka.jpg
Žižka invited him to the table with a suggestion by his hand. Peter had sat down and waited what will happen.
„Most probably you're interested in why you're actually here,“ Žižka have spoken with a low voice.
However, Peter was so petrified at that moment, that he mastered himself only to a carcely distinct nod.
„Jan Hus had preached in Prague and he demanded a reformation of Church. However, Church imprisoned him and then burned him as a heretic. In his prison he wrote several letters. Most of them is about his faith, sermons, imprisonment. The last one is however different. In the morning of day of his death he wrote: „Yesternight an angel has revealed to me. Holy Writ in his hand, a chalice in the second. He had raised his arm with chalice and began pour water from it on the ground. Once the first drop had touched the ground, in blood it changed. Then he had pour the Holy Writ and wine instead blood fell on the ground. Two feathers from his wings then fluttered down, each to one slop, and I behold two images in them. A fire I saw in a blood, how it is devouring entire land, in wine however a face of young man, which is flaring the darkness. Then a voice of God told to me, that the man I had seen will born after a long time, but presently he is needed and we have to bring him here, otherwise badly we will end.“ Therefore you are here. You are the one whom Hus described further in his letter.“
In the meanwhile Peter's tongue unbound a bit: „But I still don't know what I should do here. And I'm not certain if I'm at all the one you are looking for.“
„Tomorrow I'll go to the Prague. You'll go with me and you'll listen to one preachment in Bethlehem Chapel. Only one. Then you'll decide if you're the proper or we all are mistaken. Today we'll bestow you somewhere for the night.“
„What about below the oak with Kateřina? She has enough of place,“ suggested Jan z Jenštejna.

Žižka agreed. Jakub then took Peter on the place. It was in part clay and in part wooden house. An old spreading oak tree stood behind it. Its branches were creating around the house a pleasant shadow at the noon. Kateřina was a young girl housekeeping at herself. The nobility had executed her father, her mother had died with grief and her brother was in prison. She gave Peter something to eat, also some clothes after her brother so he would not be so remarkable and in brother's house-place she let him pass the night.

next ->​

Last edited:
Very good so far! Whens the next update?

Game of the destiny​

<- previous

Tábor - 11th April 1419

There wasn't still much light when Kateřina woke Peter up at the early morning. Jan z Jenštejna and Žižka were already waiting on the village green.
"We have to set forth already if we don't want arrive there late."
Peter scrambled up to a seat of his horse and Žižka was only shaking his head over it and turning his eyes in a column.
Jan z Jenštejna appeased him: "Don't tense, he will learn everything."
Then they went off. They rode pretty quickly to save a start of the celebration.

Prague - 11 th April 1419

When they passed the tree, where Jan and Peter had waited yesterday for Jakub, they slackened. They still had a little more time because the sun didn't rise yet. Jan set to silent talk with Žižka. Peter didn't understand them so much. The only thing he caught was a name Žito and he notified that perhaps he was the man which scrambled that blue potion, thanks which he is here and thanks which he can also return home. The horsemen slowly reached a gate where a guard stopped them.

"Where are you going?" a young guardian asked them sharply.
"To the city on a celebration," answered Žižka in peace.
"Hah, so on a celebration? And what ever happened You with Your eye?"
"I lost it at a battle."
"So at a battle, hmm ... And was't it perhaps by chance at some scuffle? Possibly with royal soldiers?"
"Why would I scuffle with royal soldiers?" asked Žižka uncomprehendly.
"Indeed, normal man certainly doesn't scuffle with them, but thieves or ravers ..."
Žižka frowned: "You are calling us thieves perhaps?"
"As I'm looking on you, you don't have a long way to them. And we don't want any doubtful elements in the city."
After that, Žižka was already raging: "What are you making free, you one earthworm? I was fighting in rows of a royal army at war against Teutonic Order in times when you was still holding yourself to a mother's skirt. I lost my eye at the Battle of Grünwald! I commanded a royal guidon and you will call me a doubtful element?"
"And shall I believe it? An appearance like a murderer, dressed like a rogue, rascality is peeping from your eyes and you are asserting about yourself that you are a general of the royal army? Move out of here, or ... " said the guardian and lowered his halberd against Žižka's horse.
Now also Jan put himself into the squabble: "Sir, we ride on a very important celebration. I'm Jan z Jenštejna, title of knight, and this is Jan Žižka z Trocnova from a yeomanly stock."
"So that noblemen in the end, let look at it. In few moments you will probably assert about yourself that you're kings. Then I'm most probably a pope."

It was already looking like that they will perhaps not get to the city when a second, much older guardian, probably at the age of Žižka, came.
"What happened here?" he asked his young colleague.
"These loungers would want to the city."
Old guardian began laugh: "Ha? Loungers? So let the loungers go further."
Young guardian stared a while.
"Beside one of these loungers I fought nine years ago against Teutonic knights. And the second one is though lord from Jenštejn . ... Excuse him please messieurs. How he is young, so he is inexperienced."
"And very zealous," Žižka threw in.
"You must go round to me sometimes. We will have a yarn about old times, commemorate, partake, ... " said guardian furthermore.
"Gladly," Žižka responded and then they finally rode into the city.

They arrived to Bethlehem Chapel shortly before the celebration start. They dismounted from horses and hurried inside. When a priest came he looked around the chapel. Žižka, Jan and Peter were already sitting in one of the benches together with other people. Žižka gave him unobtrusive signal and pointed at Peter.
The priest figure out on the sign and began preach: "Today's celebration will be a little different because we have among us a special guest. A guest whom the God himself required and he sent his request to us by Hus."
Peter recognized that he is speaking about him and about Hus's last letter. In the chapel it was murmering for a while and people was turning to find that guest, but nobody doesn't knew properly, whom look for. Only the priest who was concerted in advance with Žižka.

betlem12kopie5.jpg

That day the priest spoke about the Day of last judgement. As always he spoke in Czech but this time he interlaced his interpretation with sermons about exploitation of ecclesiastical power and necessary remedy of Church because if it will not happen so, then it will soon call in God's anger on all of us. In his sermons he was asserting that it should be preached in Czech, and not in Latin because it's important that even simple people unfamiliar with Latin language will understand the interpretation. He proclaimed that the Church shouldn't accumulate property because graspingness is one of the seven capital sins. It should go as example for other people and live in poverty. At the same time he doomed also a trade with indulgences. He proclaimed that people should be equal each other. After commision of a sin, everybody should have been punished in the same way regardless of their power and position. No one shouldn't be favoured in anything because of his position. At the end of celebration he put a waffle into his mouth, fill a chalice by wine and drank. Then people went to him, one by one, and he gave everybody a piece of waffle representing Christ's body and chalice with wine representing Christ's blood.

When they went out of the chapel, Peter didn't see nothing bad on Hussitism. He couldn't understand why are Hussites called as heretics. They have same faith, believe in same God, have same Bible like Catholics. Only on-difference from them they require equality of all people and are against axploitation of ecclesiastic power. And thereon is nothing heretical.
Jan z Jenštejna and Žižka let him think about all at rest. They rode slowly through the city, didn't hurry. In front of the gate of Charles Bridge Žižka parted with them. He wanted to stay in Prague some time. Jan then paid a toll at the gate for himself and for Peter and they took the road over Charles Bridge to the opposite bank. They passed Lesser Quarter and through the Gold Lane they were approaching to Prague Castle. Through the castle's gate they got without any troubles because Jan was known there. On the courtyard the riders dismounted and let box their horses.

"I urgently need speak to the king," announced Jan to herald.
He let took them in reception room. After several minutes of waiting spent by browsing pictures, vases and other precious objects the herald reappeared in the door.
He stood up beside the entrance and announced his lord: "His Majesty, the king of Bohemian kingdom and lands of Czech crown, Václav IV."

next ->​

Last edited:
A good series of beginning posts. Eagerly awaiting developments.

Hussites! May I give you a few tips...

Do not worry about money, you'll have to take a loan in the end anyway

Watch out on your troop recruiting. Because it will be constant you will run out of manpower quickly.

Only attack with leaders like Prokupek, and Proklop Holy, and Jiri z Podiebrad for example.

You have good technology, and your moves are very focused offensively, with quality and land-based so use it as an advantage

You will be able to crush practically anything, so settle for province peaces, or vassalise Austria maybe.

Choose B.) option in some event(s) otherwise you will be annexed by the Romanists and merged into Bohemia.

Walter, he's not playing AGCEEP.

Hussites! May I give you a few tips...

Do not worry about money, you'll have to take a loan in the end anyway

Not true. I've managed to play good, living on the events and peaces.

Watch out on your troop recruiting. Because it will be constant you will run out of manpower quickly.

No, once again. With your ultraleaders, good DPs and Zikmund on the other side you won't need to build troops.

You will be able to crush practically anything, so settle for province peaces, or vassalise Austria maybe.

Don't take provinces, because Hussite Regency is the worst thing ever. If you ask me, first religious conversion, then Vassalization.

Choose B.) option in some event(s) otherwise you will be annexed by the Romanists and merged into Bohemia.

Nono. You inherit them and become Catholic. And your Hussite adventures. ends.

Walter, he's not playing AGCEEP

Oh :eek:o

Not true. I've managed to play good, living on the events and peaces

Uhuh...

No, once again. With your ultraleaders, good DPs and Zikmund on the other side you won't need to build troops.

And I suppose the winter won't have any effect?

Don't take provinces, because Hussite Regency is the worst thing ever. If you ask me, first religious conversion, then Vassalization.

So I suppose having good economic and military capabilities is "The worst thing ever" :D

Nono. You inherit them and become Catholic. And your Hussite adventures. ends.

Doh! That must be the thing I hate most, I really like the Hussite flag. Perhaps an alternate fantasy Hussite Bohemia event chain can be created...