• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mipesom

Recruit
4 Badges
Oct 31, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Shadowrun Returns
The last patch stopped the game from crashing 100% of the time during the splash screen with a seg-fault, but some things are missing from the game:
  • Info about the state of units is invisible (can see it for my own units in the lower left, but not the circle around units)
  • No damage amount is visible
  • The resolution can't be changed (not even in windowed mode)
  • Attack sounds are often not played
There are possibly more bugs - these I saw within 5(!) minutes of testing (something you should do more often).

Using: AMD CPU / NVidia GFX / Linux Mint 17 with NVidia driver 331.38ubuntu7.1 / Game via Steam.

Last edited:
Some things I wanted to add :

• City names and status are invisible for me on the map
  • The game takes much more time to load than on Windows

Using : Intel CPU / Kubuntu 14.04 with Nvidia Drivers : 331.38 with GeForce 9600GT / Game via Steam

Have you both opted into the linux_osx beta patch channel?

Just did that, but the beta version doesn't solve even one of these problems.
BTW, yes, I also have the problem with the cities (that agustinalarcon mentioned).

Last edited:
Yep, also crash regularly with the beta or with normal. Appears to be something to do with quest completion. At the moment I can't get out the first world.

Also I just realised from watching a YouTube "Let's Play" that there's supposed to be little badges and emblems on the units and cities. I was thinking .. interesting game, damn hard to see the units sometimes though... ;)

Processor : 8x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory : 16348MB (1112MB used)
Operating System : Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
Resolution : 1920x1080 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation

When using a portal with an unit the game crashes immediately without any error message. Linux version LXLE 14.04 (derivate of Lubuntu).
Furthermore it is impossible to scroll the map on the bottom boarder of the screen.