• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gnomical

Recruit
74 Badges
Apr 26, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hello, I noticed the big 2.0 patch released and figured it was a perfect time to get back in. The first thing I noticed was the launcher was finally fixed, so that's exciting. However it seems the game never gets past the Imperator Rome splash screen.
I couldn't find any log files, as my .paradoxinteractive folder doesn't contain anything for Imperator and there didn't seem to be any logs in /tmp nor in the games install directory. Running from the terminal this is as far as it gets:
binaries]$ ./imperator
[virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:760] Mounted Data: /mnt/860EVO1TB/SteamLib/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/ImperatorRome/clausewitz

[virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:760] Mounted Data: /mnt/860EVO1TB/SteamLib/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/ImperatorRome/jomini

[virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:760] Mounted Data: /mnt/860EVO1TB/SteamLib/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/ImperatorRome/game

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 859580
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561197995142852 [API loaded no]
Init Game Application...
Init Game Application Done
I'm running the game directly and skipping the launcher in this case, but the same behaviour occurs if I use the launcher.
The process sticks to about 8% cpu usage and switches between sleeping and disk sleep, and it isn't frozen. Since I have steam overlay enabled, I'll still see those pop up although the screen never refreshes so it 'bugs' out as it slides down. Similarly if I alt-tab out and then back in it no longer displays the splash screen although the cursor will turn back into the Imperator 'loading' cursor. The game just.. never seems to progress past this state. I let it sit for 40 minutes while eating dinner and nothing happens past this point.

System info:
Kernel: 5.10.27-1-lts
CPU: Intel i7-8700K (12) @ 4.700GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Memory: 14540MiB / 31972MiB
Driver: nvidia-lts 1:460.67-4

I've already done a clean re-install, and done a verify game integrity that reported all files validated with no change in outcome.
Last time I played was 1.5 I believe and it ran without any issues. I don't recall if the launcher was fixed, I think I just launched it directly from the executable as a habit from when the launcher didn't work at release.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Technically Arch is not a supported distro for this game, but check out this thread:

Good luck!

Hello, I noticed the big 2.0 patch released and figured it was a perfect time to get back in. The first thing I noticed was the launcher was finally fixed, so that's exciting. However it seems the game never gets past the Imperator Rome splash screen.
I couldn't find any log files, as my .paradoxinteractive folder doesn't contain anything for Imperator and there didn't seem to be any logs in /tmp nor in the games install directory. Running from the terminal this is as far as it gets:

I'm running the game directly and skipping the launcher in this case, but the same behaviour occurs if I use the launcher.
The process sticks to about 8% cpu usage and switches between sleeping and disk sleep, and it isn't frozen. Since I have steam overlay enabled, I'll still see those pop up although the screen never refreshes so it 'bugs' out as it slides down. Similarly if I alt-tab out and then back in it no longer displays the splash screen although the cursor will turn back into the Imperator 'loading' cursor. The game just.. never seems to progress past this state. I let it sit for 40 minutes while eating dinner and nothing happens past this point.

System info:

I've already done a clean re-install, and done a verify game integrity that reported all files validated with no change in outcome.
Last time I played was 1.5 I believe and it ran without any issues. I don't recall if the launcher was fixed, I think I just launched it directly from the executable as a habit from when the launcher didn't work at release.
Technically Arch is not a supported distro for this game, but check out this thread:

Good luck!
@gnomical did you find a solution?
I installed multiple libc++ librarys without success.(Manjaro Linux)
If you fixed it I would be great full if you share your solution :)

@gnomical did you find a solution?
I installed multiple libc++ librarys without success.(Manjaro Linux)
If you fixed it I would be great full if you share your solution :)
I fixed it. I just needed a "true" reinstall, like:
Delete Game and Game files
Code:
~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ImperatorRome/
Code:
~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/
than reinstall.
(Similar to this: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc...-My-launcher-doesn-t-work-my-game-wont-start-)