• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

_etrash

Recruit
Feb 23, 2023
attached, requested files
1677172889300.png

Attachments

• debug.txt
    10,3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    110,2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I see no reason for this in those files. Has the game ever worked on this computer, or never yet?

Does Safe Mode work?

OK - so - how does one launch in safe mode? it's not an option for me, that I can see
When you hit PLAY in your Steam Library, it is an option in the mini-menu shown there.

pressing play on the launcher directly attempts to launch the game.
You mean our launcher? Because I'm talking about the step before that, when you hit PLAY in Steam.

In any case, I still see no reason why this game is not working on this machine. There must be something preventing it, but I can't see what yet.

If GeForce Experience is loaded, unload that before starting the game.

Install this MS update:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

If still no good, try these Windows repair tools:

.NET

SCANNOW:

Good luck!

I have re-enabled the "ask" option - and safe mode makes no difference to the outcome.

Interestingly that if I "signup" for the "beta" (from Dec 2018, pre-paradox) it does start.

GeForce exp and drivers up to date. Redist installed, scan done.

No joy.

I guess my "Prison Architect" days are over? Shame

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled by you seeing a different interface than I and others do st the start.

What if you make a new Windows user and log into it with that, any different?

Well, I changed the properties back to "Ask when starting the game"
1677465275299.png

and now I do see this option
1677465318066.png

If I choose "Play Prison Architect", it starts the Paradox Launcher - and if I hit play from there, I get the blank screen of the app running.

If I choose "Launch in SAFE MODE", it directly starts Prison Architect game (no paradox launcher), in a window, with the black screen again.

It is a mystery alright.

What if you make a new Windows user and log into it with that, any different?

Indeed! That means that either there is some app or utility running under the default Windows user causing this to the game, OR that user profile is corrupted in some way.

For the former possibility you can try turning off everything in the run-at-boot-time menu; for the latter possibility I don't know what to suggest, sorry - out of my area of expertise!