• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Viniger

Recruit
Mar 14, 2023
Always been a hugh fan of prison architect but lately my bag is crashing every few minutes mostly without any messages. I have tried changing settings, deinstalling, reinstalling, deactivating all mods - nothing helps.

Attachments

• Crash_2023_3_12_13_30_3.dmp
    80,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Crash_2023_3_12_13_39_34.dmp
    81,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Crash_2023_3_12_13_56_10.dmp
    75,4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Deactivating mods does not remove the effects they've already had on the save game file.

Do you get this in a prison that's never had any mods used in it?

Unfortunatley yes - I sold my prison and restarted with the cash (and no mods) and still the same effect. It seems not to happen when the prison is smaller but rather when it is getting bigger (-ish , talking 60 prisoners , 30 staff)

Just after the next such crash with an unmodded prison, Please attach here the game log C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

AND DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

AND the prison file itself - you'll need to. zip it up to attach that.

Hey Andrew ,

attached are the files. Let me know if you would like to see/know anything else.
FYI OS is running on C: and Steam is installed on F: . I tried moving the steam library during the install for PA to C: but it didnt have any effect on this.

Attachments

• Crash_2023_3_17_5_38_50.dmp
    80,2 KB · Views: 0
  • debug.txt
    16,3 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    86,4 KB · Views: 0
FYI we can't read .dmp files here.

No obvious cause for that crash in those other files, as long as your confident the mod I see in there is disabled in this prison? But you may as well update that AMD video driver

And, were you not able to find the prison file?