• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

S.C. Watson

Captain
29 Badges
Apr 7, 2016
www.scwatsonart.com
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Since the update this morning, I've not been able to start a fresh game. I'm unsubscribed from all mods and assets, did a fresh install, do not have the new DLC yet, have 16 gigs of RAM on a relatively new machine (less than two years old), and the game keeps throwing an allocation error. Not sure what to do about this, but I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. I don't really believe it's wanting more than 16 gigs just on the base game alone ...

Upvote 0
Please attach the output log generated after the crash. You can find it in:
  • Windows: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt
  • MacOS: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Colossal Order/Cities: Skylines/Player.log

If a crash report was generated, attach it there too together with the error log. Thanks!

Please attach the output log generated after the crash. You can find it in:
  • Windows: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data\output_log.txt
  • MacOS: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Colossal Order/Cities: Skylines/Player.log

If a crash report was generated, attach it there too together with the error log. Thanks!
Found it and was looking at it out of curiosity and saw that it was still listing all of my assets from the workshop. My best guess is that they didn't completely uninstall when unsubscribed from them this morning. So, I'm going to go through and make sure that I am in fact completely unsubscribed from everything and then attempt to launch the game again. If it works, I'll post an update, if not, I'll post the output log and crash report if I can find it. I don't want to waste anyone's time with inaccurate information.

Thank you for your help.
~S

• 1Like
Reactions:
Since the update this morning, I've not been able to start a fresh game. I'm unsubscribed from all mods and assets, did a fresh install, do not have the new DLC yet, have 16 gigs of RAM on a relatively new machine (less than two years old), and the game keeps throwing an allocation error. Not sure what to do about this, but I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. I don't really believe it's wanting more than 16 gigs just on the base game alone ...
Same here. The game is broken after new update is install. No idea what the causes is.