• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hargert

Corporal
25 Badges
Sep 5, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
I have a 3 monitor nvidia setup and the game launches but is very zoomed in and you can not see any menus to change it. I have tried disabling the 3 monitor setup but then the game crashes on launch. I have the latest drivers and I have tried deleting it and reinstalling the game as well with no luck. I have also tried the steam -safe command to launch in safe mode as well as to try to force a lower rez. Any ideas on what to do?

Hi,

Not sure if the game even supports a 3-monitor setup. If you are experiencing crashes after disabling the 3-monitor setup it is most likely due to the game still trying to launch it in that resolution. Try deleting the "current.xml" file located here: ...\Steam\userdata\STEAMID\205990\local

"current.xml" issue really needs to be fixed.
It was there is Warlock1 too.

I usually use my widescreen monitor with my laptop and play in 1920x1080.

But if I disconnect my monitor, and try to play with 1366x768 laptop screen, game will crash and only wiping current.xml will help.

There needs to be a fallback mechanism when game can not start in specified resolution, instead forcing players to use workarounds like this.