• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kailasa108

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 22, 2014
  • Sengoku
Hi!
I just bought and started playing Sengoku this month. Great game! My first BIG strategy game and I'm a loving it!
I am playing the Nambu in the Tohoku scenario.
Ever since the original clan leader died (it seems), game has started freezing...the longer I've kept playing the quicker it freezes...now I'm down to 3 actions and it dies.

I want to try reinstalling...I have read the techie stickies and posts on "game freeze".
Is there a way I can keep my latest saved game? I'm several years into the campaign and doing very well (IMHO) for my third game...so I REALLY do NOT want to lose my progress if at all possible.

I looked in the game folder (yes, I made the 'mistake' of installing Sengoku into the regular program files), but the folder called "saved games" is empty!

Here's some info you might need to help me:
Windows 7 64-bit
directx11 - (M$ will NOT let me install Dx9)
C++ 2005, 2008, and 2010 redistributables (I do NOT have the 2005 SP1...do I need this??)

And I am running the 1.04 patch.

Is there a later patch to fix the freezing issue? From the posts looks like there was one in the works....

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can provide!

3/28 Update - Read some more threads here and found saved game files.
So, I deleted the game and all files using Revo Uninstaller.
Then REinstalled into the Games folder. Set it to run as administrator. Installed ALL the C++ libraries.

AND game STILL freezes....

What now?
:wacko: