• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 13, 2020
So sometime this month I got the game, But after a few days My colonists didn't move and going to the world map softlocked the game.

Now, when I try, The game crashes on the loading screen.
Anybody else having this problem?

Please uninstall the game in the Epic client, and then delete the folders:

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/LocalLow/IceFlake Studios/

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Note this will delete any saved games; if you have not started a new colony under the current game version then you could not use them anyway. If you had, they are in

C:/users/<UserName>/documents/Paradox Interactive/Surviving the Aftermath/SavedGames/

Then install the game again and try it.

All the best!

Sorry, I should have emphasised to not restore the saves, and test with a new colony - does that still not work for you?

I am sorry then, I don't think there's anything else I can suggest.

@Joanna_ifs where can we go from here?

Oh one thing you could try (if not done already) is after uninstalling and clearing the Xbox cache as mentioned above, clear your cloud saves for the game as well.

This is how:
  1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu, and then select My games & apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button (with the three lines) on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
  3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
    • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
    • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
    • Cancel leaves your data intact.
Could you please let me know if this helps or not? I'll still have someone look further into this but this could possibly help!