• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Galgamos

Recruit
26 Badges
Apr 19, 2021
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello,
My problem is the following: As I start Stellaris the launcher opens. I can start the game and the little Stellaris screen goes up for 2-20 sec (picture 1). After that the launcher opens again and reports "Launching the game failed". Occasionally the launcher doesn't reopen to show the failure of launching.

I tried folowing fixes:
-Running in boderless/windowed mode
-Running the stellaris.exe as admin
-Restarting PC
-Reinstalling Game on Steam 3x
-Manually downloading the drivers recommendet in other posts in x86 and x64
-unplugging all not necessary devices from my PC
-tell Kaspersky not to worry about Stellaris

Nothing worked so far.
One thing I noticed is the missing "paradox interactive" folder in my documents.
I whiped my whole PC in December. Since then I startet Stellaris once in December as well. It loaded back then but never played a round.

Attached are the DXDIAG files for my PC.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    86,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
I don't know what in WIndows causes that c0000409 error we see in dxdiag there. I take it HOI4, CK2 and Imperator all work fine?

What happens if you exit the Steam app entirely and run stellaris.exe from File Explorer directly?

And, can you make another user on this machine, log into Windows as that, and see if it has the sam eproblem?

Thank you very much for your answer.
I take it HOI4, CK2 and Imperator all work fine?
Yeah this works just fine at least Imparator and HOI, I don't possess EU4.
What happens if you exit the Steam app entirely and run stellaris.exe from File Explorer directly?
I tried it and it didn't work.

And, can you make another user on this machine, log into Windows as that, and see if it has the sam eproblem?
Suprisingly this worked for me. :) The first two tries didn't work but as soon as I startet Stellaris + DXDIAG at the same time on another User Stellaris loadet.

Thank you very very much. Do you know waht I would have to do to play it as the main user on my PC?

I can't really help with Windows user profile problems, I'm sorry! Do you have a source of Windows support that can help you fix that main user profile?

Of course a clean reinstall of Windows would do it too, but that's a lot to get a game going!