• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alsritt

Recruit
Jun 21, 2019
While running the game, I can play for a handful of minutes, usually getting into a conversation, before the following crash hapens; I've attached the most recent crash log, but each one seems to be the same.

I really want to enjoy this game, so any help would be appreciated! Please let me know if you need any more information.

Attachments

• error.log
    23,8 KB · Views: 10
  • output_log.txt
    43,3 KB · Views: 22
  • crash.dmp
    260,8 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
I'm afraid there's no clue in those logs why this is happening to you. While this game has its issues, this is not one that everyone else is getting too.

I guess run a Steam Verify operation against the game, see if that finds anything to fix.

If that doesn't help can you as a test try turning off all sound in the game, and just reply on the subtitles in the game to see if this still happens then? If that helps you probably have an issue in your sound system, like a bad driver version, something like that.

Hi Andrew!

Sorry for the late reply, but tried both methods you suggested, and a few more besides.

- Steam found nothing wrong after several Verify operations.

- I was still able to recreate the crash after turning the sound off and running only subtitles.

- I have since swapped out my graphics cards, as a friend of mine was upgrading and I hoped it might fix the problem.

The game seems to mostly crash when preforming a quest or loyalty update, and it seems to be entirely random on which updates it crashes on. In addition, when the game does crash, I can see my Disk Transfer rate skyrocket, although it's entirely possible this is from the error log and not the actual crash.

If you can provide any further help, I would really appreciate it! I want to play this game very much, and would hate if this was the end of the line for the troubleshooting. I've tried to include a few more zip files of the error logs to see if there's maybe a pattern that I just can't see?

Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• 2019-07-03_132202.zip
    38,6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2019-07-03_133930.zip
    38,3 KB · Views: 9
All those crashes look the same, although the events leading up to them are not. It looks for all the world like a game or Unity bug to me, except that others using the same game version are not getting this!

The disk activity will be writing out the crash data I guess.

Does this happen if you start a new character? That is, is it confined to that one save game?

While I will give that a shot in a second, I have a strong suspicion that it's not anything to do with Tyranny itself. For lack of another RPG to play, I tried to install and play Pillars of Eternity and got the same crash. I've attached the logs.

I know this has kind of gotten larger than just troubleshooting a game, but if you could point me in any kind of directions, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• 2019-07-03_173556.zip
    52,5 KB · Views: 10
I'm not sure that is the same crash, but tit's pretty bad nevertheless. Try running a Steam Verify against the game as there may be corrupted game files.
Couldn't open file /Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data

Also what antivirus app(s) do you use? Make sure these .exe files are allowed through them.