• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ricsilo

Recruit
Mar 9, 2023
Absolutely love the game, and have been enjoying the dlc, but since the patch the game has been crashing so much and it hasn’t even been a day. I am new to the game and have been putting in around 8 hours a day non stop since i started a couple weeks ago, exclusively multiplayer. Not once did I experience a crash before this patch.

But holy crap, after today’s patch we got on to play a game. Brand new fresh start, everyone created new empires, and all their games were updated. The crashes started for one player around an hour into the game, then for another, then for me, the host. I kid you not, in the span of one hour, my game crashed 4 times at one point. I understand if the crashes were to happen at the very end of a huge match but that wasn’t the case.

Hope the devs see this and look into it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Are you on Xbox One and PS4? I played several hours in a medium galaxy with 2 players and no crashes on Series X so far.
My friend and I are on ps5 playing on a large galaxy. Game was fine till around 2230 where the host (me) crashed a few times. Around 2250 when the galactic community was formed and wars started to pop off I started crashing, almost every 3-5 months.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a similar issue on xbox series x where the game just randomly crashes and tgere is zero indication as to what could cause it.

I bought the Overlord dlc when it came out and played an entire game without any issues and then the second day on a new game it just keeps on crashing over and over again.

Before the overlord dlc I had zero issues but now it's kinda nightmarish.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a similar issue on xbox series x where the game just randomly crashes and tgere is zero indication as to what could cause it.

I bought the Overlord dlc when it came out and played an entire game without any issues and then the second day on a new game it just keeps on crashing over and over again.

I’ve learned from my single player game that every time I open my expansion planner while the game is unpaused it crashed the game.

Also having this on a multiplayer game created before the recent patch on Xbox. Trying to find a pattern but it seems like using the expansion planner, fleet manager or radial menus on planets with a large number of options while the game is unpaused triggers a crash more often. It's not every time so I have no solid evidence of it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’m on Series X n since the DLC n update I’m crashing like crazy. Sometimes I can crash literally 10 times in an hr others it can run fine for a few hrs then crash. Hope this is sorted asap cause honestly it’s becoming very annoying.

• 2Like
Reactions:

I'm having serious issues now. Purifiers are trying to be the crisis so the galaxy declared on them. I keep trying different things but it just crashes and it's not saving so I just start at the same time over and over lol this didn't happen until I bought some DLCs

• 1Like
Reactions: