• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HeliosAflame

Recruit
May 3, 2018
I have been enjoying tyranny, but as of a few days ago it became impossible for me to actually play the game, it crashes on launch displaying an error of "can't switch to requested monitor resolution" and displaying a resolution of 1920x0 which ofc isn't viable.

operating system: windows 10
processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ
graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Most recent save is attached along with a screenshot of the error message

Attachments

• Lykes Fealden 625a77309e7f47c4a60a302353ea7a63 .savegame
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • tyranny error.png
    tyranny error.png
    15,1 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0
The game itself hasn't changed of course. What else changed in your system between when the game last launched okay and now?

Please gather both these two informational files, and attach them here:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Tyranny\Tyranny_Data\output_log.txt

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Hey,
The most notable thing is I loaded the game on a different computer (that I don't currently have access to). I wonder if it changed some settings that is making it crash on this comp? Other than that I can't think of any software or hardware changes on my current computer.

Both the files requested are attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    96,4 KB · Views: 26
  • output_log.txt
    6,7 KB · Views: 15
Have you installed some remote desktop software?
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [lci_proxyumd.dll 2.1.34054.0]
That DLL is used by such utilities, FrescoLogic Proxy Display Driver and Splashtop are two I'd read about but there are no doubt others.

Is that line still in the output log?

Please install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach here, thanks.

I tried ctrl fing the error you posted earlier in the output log and could not find it.
4th line from the top.

These are the only apps I can see in there that might relate to this:
C:\Program Files\Greenshot\Greenshot.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Keenow Unblocker\Keenow2.exe
See if you can unload, disable or kill then and see if that helps the issue.

Hmmm ... how about this, does it allow remote access perhaps?
C:\Program Files\Dell\SARemediation\agent\DellSupportAssistRemedationService.exe

There are a few other apps and utilities loading there I don't know, but it's hard to see how they could cause this issue, eg:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiPatchService.exe

Do you have any other Unity games, if so are they affected too?